New and Just getting started

Ldub424
Ldub424 Posts: 7
edited November 2014 in Introduce Yourself
I just heard of myfitnesspal today and thought I'd check it out. I've recently put on quite a bit of weight and am really struggling taking it off, a lot of it due to stress and an underactive thyroid. I would like to lose 60 lbs but am really struggling being disciplined with exercise. I don't struggle with dieting as much but between working full-time, going to nursing school and raising a little boy exercise just doesn't seem to fit in. I need to make it more of a priority. I'm really hoping this site will help with the added push and motivation to accomplish my goals.

Replies

• bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Howdy and Welcome!! I had the same issue with exercise time and finally decided I have to do it in the morning. I found some awesome DVD workouts and a great group to help me stay motivated. Let me know of you are interested. Also feel free to send me a FR, happy to help any way I can.
  • Don't let any lack of exercise hold you back. The real secret to this is your diet. Make that your priority. Fit exercise in whenever you can but just make sure you stay on top of your diet. Honestly the longer you do it, the easier it gets. You just fall into a routine and seeing weight drop off the scale every week just motivates you more.

I've dropped 24 pounds thus far and I only work out on my days off. Half my entries on MFP aren't even true as far as what I actually ate and a lot of the time i just use the quick add calories function. All I do is make sure the calories I enter are accurate and do my best to meet my goal everyday. I do avoid the unhealthy stuff most of the time but for me it's mostly about portion control.

Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour, a day or even a year. But eventually it will subside. And something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever. - Eric Thomas

That quote always helps me push through. Maybe it will help you too.

Good luck and stay positive!