Beginning fresh, looking to lose 80 pounds!

clbush15
clbush15 Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2014 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Carol, and I have been on here before. But I am beginning fresh and not quitting this time! I can't quit, because I am getting married in June! I weigh 230 and I am 5'4". I am looking to lose 80 pounds overall, but would be happy to lose at least 50 before June. I will be calorie counting, doing T25 and other workout regimes. For me to be successful, I need some accountability partners who will make me stay on track and check on me, and I will do the same for others! Add me and let's lose together! :)

Replies

• Hi Carol, I am looking to lose about 50 pounds and would like to by next summer also. I don't have a pending wedding to motivate me, but I am so tired of not being happy with my body. My boyfriend and I both like to do lots of water activities and spend summers at the lake and this past year I declined to go on outings with his friends because I am embarrassed by the weight I've gained. Maybe we can help each other reach our goals! :smile:
  • ktface17
    ktface17 Posts: 24 Member
    I would like to lose 65-80 lbs. I'm trying to get back on the wagon as well. No wedding in site for me either but life needs a pick-me-up in a bad way! I'm trying to be on here more and need some new friends!
  • I am looking to lose the same amount
    Please add me I would love to help you :)
  • nanah14
    nanah14 Posts: 1 Member
    Heey everyone am looking to lose around 60, so fed up of loosing motivation and gaining what iv lost back on....so this is it for real need to stay on top of it. Goodluck
  • I just left this in another post but I think it's probably even more appropriate here.

"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour, a day or even a year. But eventually it will subside. And something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever" -Eric Thomas

This alone, helped me to stop giving up. Another thing he said was "Why you quittin? You're already in pain, get a reward from it!"

It's a great attitude to have and since adopting that mindset, I haven't struggled with my diet or fitness goals even a little. You want something? Go get it. All it takes is the right attitude.

Good luck everybody!