Continuation of 149Lore's weight loss challenge

Options
For those of you who were part of this challenge with the different colored teams, our challenge has come to an end, but it doesn't mean that we can't challenge ourselves some more. Several have indicated an interest in continuing this challenge for a bit longer, and since no one has stepped up and said they will take it on, I'm willing to take it on as the moderator, so to speak, starting this coming Monday (May 2, and ending on June 20th. That's 7 weeks to lose as much as we can, either as teams or as individuals. I need to know by Midnight this coming Sunday night (May 1) who all wants to participate. Based on your responses, we can either continue from your original starting weights when the original challenge started, OR, your starting weight from this coming Sunday night (Majority rules). Please post your 1. Desire to participate; 2) Your desire to either start fresh from now or your desire to continue from our original starting weight; 3) Your starting weight. After the initial weigh in on SUNDAY night, you would all have until MONDAY night for future weeks to get me your weights. In other words, you don;t have to check in again this week. I am tryingt o simplify this as much as possible so that there are fewer constraints.

Below is what I'm willing to do:

I'm going to throw this out there in case anyone is interested. I would like to see someone take this over because frankly, I think we all do better when we have motivation from others. I am NOT wanting to take over but If no one else is willing to take this over, I would be willing to do it, but there are conditions.

1. People would like to commit to this for some defined period of time. (The last weigh in for this round would be June 20). I'm headed out of town shortly thereafter and my life gets really crazy after that.
2. Weights are emailed to me by Midnight Monday nights. If I don't receive it by midnight, it doesn't get added to the list. For you east coasters, that gives you til 3 AM!
3. Two weeks of non - receipt of numbers, you are dropped from the list.
4. If we are still doing this by teams, I need to know the team name, each person's starting weight, current weigh in amount for the week and amt of weight loss.

My committment:

1. I will compile the data
2. Results are posted by Midnight Tuesday night on a separate Weekly post
3. I will call it First Official Summer Challenge.

My intention isn't to make anyone mad. This is supposed to be fun and motivational, and while I love to be on this site, like all of you, I too have a life, so rather than waiting and waiting and waiting for numbers, if we have a defined cut off and stick to it, we can all know where we stand and get back to the business of supporting each other.

Please don't respond if its just to be critical. If you're interested, then let's do this.

Replies

• WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    Hey!! I say we start fresh! Also, I think every week, every team should have another challenge, other than weight loss (work outs, net calories, etc). Pgdoss and I are on a team, anyone else is welcome to join. My starting weight is 198.4! :) You should post this on the message boards and see if anyone else wants to join!! Thanks for doing this! I love challenges!
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    My name is Ali. I want to continue. I like the starting fresh idea. I am currently at 132.5. If I can lose 5.5 lbs in this 7 week challenge, I can reach my FINAL goal, and can finally kiss this 6-year-old baby weight goodbye. Also, I like WanderLaura's idea about weekly challenges, but you don't have to add that to your to-do list. The teams can manage that on their own, I think.

P.S. Thank you for doing what no one else would.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I would love to continue this challenge, especially since I did not meet my goal. :/ I'm fine with starting either fresh or from the original starting weight, I suppose whatever the majority is? My weight at this moment is 161, but if we're doing a Sunday weigh in...disregard that. :)

Thanks for continuing this!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    One thing I forgot to ask was whether you are wanting to stick with teams or do individuals. I guess we'll see how much of a response I get by Sunday to see if it merits teams, but for now, if you would add your preference that would be most awesome. As for the personal goals, it would be good if you want to add your personal goals, but since everyone's will likely be different, I won't track that. However, it's great info for providing motivation. GO US!
  • lynnie07
    lynnie07 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi,
    I wouldn't mind staying on as well. It did help even if I fell off the wagon, I did get back on and having team members helped a great deal. I don't mind in groups or individuals. Whatever the majority wants to do.

Thanks for taking this on, I wish I could but with my schedule at work it's not easy having access to a computer and I do work on the weekend sometimes.

My weight is 195 lbs as of today. Let's start fresh, clean slate.

Thanks a million,
    Lynnie
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    Alright, I was going to pass and just have a challenge break, but then I realized how much I enjoyed my team members so I'm in! I have no clue what I weigh today and I vote on starting fresh.
    If sometrhing should come up and you need to step down from being in charge (like should life get too crazy) let me know and I'll be your back up :)
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    Snookemz, thanks! Just hit up a number on Sunday and we'll start from there.
  • 149Lore
    149Lore Posts: 75
    Options
    I like the idea of teams rather than individual better. You may have to rearrange them tho, because a lot of team members didnt continue to participate.
    I have to get on top of thing again!!
  • Sandie001
    Sandie001 Posts: 29
    Options
    I would love to continue with the challenge - it has certainly helped me keep on the straight and narrow :smile:

Starting afresh sounds fine with me. My weight as of today is 237lbs. I was with a great team ORANGE and had very good support from all but if the majority want to go with individual I will go with the flow.

Thank you for stepping in as 'leader' you are an inspiration with your weight loss and exercise programme. Thanks Snookemz too for being your back up.

Look forward to starting again with all you great people.

Sandra :happy:
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I'd love to continue as well. And start fresh from my current weight. My weight now is 139, and I was on team purple. I like the idea of additional challenges along with losing weight to keep my motivation up. Also, I don't mind if we do it individaully or in groups like before. So whatever everyone else decides, I'll be fine with.

I will try to weigh in every Monday. Sometimes I forget. I get too wrapped up in things sometimes, but I will try to remember!
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    as of today, my official start weight is 352!!! 53lbs down total, 27lbs down since the start of the 1st challenge WOOOT!
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My Monday weight, if we were supposed to post it here today...is 165. :)
  • angelzxy321
    angelzxy321 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just read your post and this sounds like a great idea. Anyway someone new can join in?
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    Hi all,

Initial weigh ins are posted for the start of our challenge here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230814-first-official-summer-challenge-initial-weigh-in

There are several new people that saw the post and would like to join. Since I gave you all a deadline of yesterday for letting me know, I am going to pose it to you guys to decide if we let others in. If we do, it's going to just be people that let me know by a certain time today. Majority rules. Weigh in with your thoughts please.

Sue