3pm sweet tooth oh how I hate thee...

Options
deniseg31
deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
What do you guys do to settle that afternoon snack/craving that might cross your thoughts?! :yawn: I get tired and hungry around this time on a daily basis...well, only when I'm at the office.

Replies

• ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    Lean protein & fruit. Cheese & apple or PB and banana or apple, something along those lines, lots of water, no bad carbs :) Hope this helps!
  • lclarius
    lclarius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ill usually have a chobani yogurt or a cup of tea with a lorna doone 100 calorie pack. That usually does the trick.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I eat the Special K crackers with Laughing Cow cheese.
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I usually have coffee or tea with Truvia to help fill me up and cure the sweet tooth!
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    usually a banana or a small amount of nuts.
  • Beachbride07
    Beachbride07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Snack on something crunchy- like an apple- and walk around a bit. The weather has been so nice here, I've even been taking a brisk walk around the building!
    This is always when I take my break in the afternoon because if I sit still too long, I'm not only on the verge of falling asleep, but also eating something sweet/chocolate-y to wake me up!
  • angeleyes13
    Options
    I make Skinny Cow hot chocolate (37 calories)!!!
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    Half a Clif bar, oatmeal raisin or blueberry, 120 calories. Chobani yogurt is for after dinner if calories permit.
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    I get it to. I eat an apple and peanut butter or carrots and ranch dressing, with a big bottle of ice cold water!
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    I have a bad sweet tooth. I can eat chocolate until I get sick and keep going. I haven't bveen eating any chocolate or sweet fatning food in over a month now. I eat either an apple or pineapple and allot of water.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a cup of coffee or have some yogurt, that usually helps with my cravings. Drinking lots of water is important too.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    almonds - 10 is half a serving - easily fits into a 100 calories snack and gives you some lasting energy. However sometimes nothing will do but chocolate - how about a teaspoon of nutella? Personally, I would have to have someone hand me the teaspoon and secure the jar lol. Considering how I dislike hazelnuts, this stuff is awesome!

Sometimes a cup of tea or coffee with your favorite sweetener can fill the sweet bill and the hot liquids will help quell those hunger pains.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    banana -quite often chocolate craving is due to being low in potassium -bananas are high in potassium!
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm eating Weight Control oatmeal right now lol!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I eat the Special K crackers with Laughing Cow cheese.

my fav :-)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Banana, Yogurt and/or coffee.
  • DFineMrsRicks
    DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I keep 100 cal popcorn and string cheese at the office for the afternoon hunger attack.
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just had an activia yogurt with a sprinkle of special k cereal for crunch. Sure did calm my sweet tooth :)
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I like to eat whatever I've planned for a snack (preferably something conducive to being eaten kinda slowly, like popcorn--the 100 cal kettle corn bags are good if you want something on the sweet side), but then what helps me the most is to announce to someone "OK, I'm done eating." (Obviously, it depends how comfortable you feel with whoever's around!)

-LP
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    My newest sweet-tooth cure (aka obsession) are the Nature Valley granola thins that have dark chocholate on one side. 80 calories.