Hesitation

Options
I will admit that when I started MFP, I thought it would turn out to be something cheesy and I wasn't sure I would keep up with it. So I was very hesitant to put myself out there, to the public, but now I'm glad I did! I've "made" several of new friends that I know will encourage me when I need it (all the time!!) and hopefully I can do the same for them. Admittedly, I was embarrassed that I needed to join a site like this. I hate thinking that people know I have "a problem". But I know that I'm not alone. A big fear of mine is that I won't be honest because I'm afraid of failure. I don't like to see the real numbers on the board. I live in the moment and regret it later. Its the vicious cycle that got me here and that's why I'm here. I just can't believe how many friendly people are willing to put themselves in the public eye all for the sake of not only receiving encouragement but giving it as well.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say you have a problem. You have goals!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Like you, I was hesitant at first about "putting myself out there" and allowing everyone to see my weaknesses. But a couple of weeks in and I am baring all and am loving the support, encouragement, advice and the occasional nagging!! This site is AMAZING and it has really changed my outlook on lifestyle choices. I've worked on the food side first and now I'm going to conquer my exercise phobia with the help of all my MFP buddies.
    Feel free to add me as a "friend".
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    I totally understand! I like the feeling that I can talk to people who understand what I am going through, the frustrations of diet and exercise!
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say you have a problem. You have goals!

Well said :happy:
  • ChattyNoSurrender
    ChattyNoSurrender Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG, you sound exactly like me :smile:

Stop being so hard on yourself :tongue: I have to repeat that to myself cooooonstantly!

This is truly a great community.

:drinker:
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Welcome to the group, I found the site about 5-6 weeks ago & wish I'd have found it 2 years ago! Friend me if you like - I love encouraging people to get healthy & active just like I have! It certainly has changed my life in some pretty amazing ways!
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I had my diary hidden until just about an hour ago. Now I feel like if people see what I'm eating I should probably watch it a little more closely!

You're going to do great. Everyone here is so helpful and encouraging!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The first step in healing is admitting you have a problem - sometimes that means to the world so that we can't hide it from our self any longer. Going it alone is what got you to where you are. Enjoy the support system you are building, use it and be sure to nourish it as you do yourself!

Congratulations on sticking with it and stepping out of your comfort zone.
  • jkgeiger
    jkgeiger Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm already loving this place! Now if I can just be honest with myself and be truthful on my diary instead of doctoring it to make the numbers look good. That's yet another fear I have - faking my "progress" to make it look good for everyone else. Wow - I've got a lot more "problems" than I thought. But at least I think I'm in the right place. :blushing: