My reason for doing this

Options
My name is Chris
I have told myself for 25 years that I am OK with being overweight but I realize now that I was lying to myself. In these 25 years, I have been introverted to the point of never having a single girlfriend. A co-worker told me a very wise quote the other day "We only accept the love we feel we deserve" In other words, if I feel unworthy of a relationship because of my weight, I will never enter one even if it is handed to me on a silver platter. For this reason, I must prove to myself that I am strong enough to shed this weight. Before you think me shallow, I believe fitness is more about strength than it is about looks. In other words, a good looking body is a bonus, but the strength to go through with it is what I truly desire.

Replies

• CatK15
    CatK15 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You have a good attitude and if you keep that mindset you'll go far. You deserve someone to share your life with and that person should accept you no matter what size you are. Like you said it isn't all about the good looking body. It should be about what's inside that counts. If you need support and motivation feel free to add me. I'm a lot older, or so my husband keeps telling me lol, but I'm hoping that it's made me a little wiser too.