Herbalife the good the bad and the ugly

Options
Anyone tried it? I'm still partially breastfeeding my 5.5 month old and can't seem to find anything else that is 'safe' while breastfeeding. I have a fair bit to lose after a rough pregnancy but have already lost 12kg doing not much. Anyone know anything else that I could go on to shed some fast kg? I don't yo-yo diet as I eat really well already and have a good idea of nutrition, am very good at maintaining so just need to shed the kg's to get there. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't waste your money
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    there's just bad and ugly. It's a bogus, unsafe multilevel marketing product. Not only is it a waste of money, but the rep will constantly harass you to start selling it yourself.
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ok thanks! any suggestions on another program that is better? like I said I just want my body back already
  • Mitzimum
    Options
    I do that already but breastfeeding means you can't calorie restrict under 1800 a day or it reduces your supply :(
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I would never do ANY type of meal replacements from ANY company, but Herbalife vitamin supplements are fine. I worked for the company that manufactured for Herbalife and witnessed first hand the quality control and research that went into every product they made. It's a quality product, but meal replacements of any kind are never a good idea.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I eat 1700 to 1800 calories a day and lose weight. Low carb, plenty of protein, good fats. There's no "program" out there that is going to make you shed kg fast. Basically if you can't go below 1800 cals a day, you can't use any meal replacement rubbish because the way they work is to reduce your calorie intake to very low.

So, eat your meat and veg and cut back on the rubbish, even at 1800 cals you'll lose.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Mitzimum wrote: »
    ok thanks! any suggestions on another program that is better? like I said I just want my body back already
    Stop looking for some magic bullet "program". Just follow the MFP recommendations for steady and lasting results.
    Eat lean meats, fruits and veggies, nuts, whole grains, and some dairy, and log all your foods and set your calorie intake to lose 1 pound per week.
    Exercise both cardio and strength, and eat back your exercise calories.
    It's simple. Here is a great read which may help.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Losing weight is simple but just hard.
    You can do this.
    Good Luck!
    <3
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I only found out (on this forum) the other day how much this shiz costs and holy mother of mickey, it's obscene!!

You can TOTALLY do this without it and will save so much cash...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Consider MFP as a program. :D Costs u nothing!
  • Mitzimum
    Options
    Thanks so much lovely people! I guess I'll have to stick to the slow road, at least until I stop breastfeeding... I don't think I'll be doing much swimming this summer :(
    \
  • anya42
    Options
    I used MFP to lose the baby weight, and it worked great. Though I kinda fell off the wagon after I reached my goal so had to start again. If you are worried getting your body back Google diastasis recti, if you don't already know about. I wasted a whole lot of time doing crunches before I figured that out...