THIS Time...

Options
I'm convinced THIS time will be different. Why? Because THIS time, my mindset is different. I don't have a life threatening illness. But I do want to be healthy. I love my family and I know they love me. Love alone isn't going to cause me to lose weight.

I've convinced myself that logging my meals and using my Garmin Vivosmart are valuable tools in my weight loss arsenal. So are friends so if you're looking for some, I can too! :smiley: I'm also convinced that I can be a MyFitnessPal.com success story - THIS time.

Replies

• NYfirefighter
    Options
    That's the right mindset
    We're in the same boat
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is the perfect mindset. I just started back for the same reason. I had lost my weight and when my health took a turn (joint & muscle pain) I quit taking care of myself and put the weight back on. Now the pain in worse, so I decided that the only way to combat it was to be as healthy as I can and do the exercises that I can to build muscle and joint strength.

So welcome aboard. I will send a friend request as I could use the motivation as well
  • Fantabulosity1
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I'm going to go slow and steady this time...
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Been somewhat successful in the past, fell off, back on for the long haul now. I have to make this life change. Not short term.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    good, its all about how bad you want it and the dedication you give it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    saving to check on your progress in 90 days ;)
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Always looking for friends, feel free to add!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You can do it. It was different for me this time too! The main difference? Weight loss was not my primary goal. My goal was to be an active person: not the lazy me I'd become accustomed to. And also to use food for its intended purpose: nutrition. Which means I had to learn to think about what I was eating, how it all 'fit together' in a day. Those 2 things led to weight loss as a side effect.

Figure out what you want your life to be like, then make it happen. :)