Dance Dance Revolution Calories

Options
I pulled out my old Dance Dance Revolution game and decided to give it a try. I was on light mode. I weigh 123 pounds and it said that I only burned 200 calories in an hour. It didn't feel like that at all. I am in good shape and am used to exercising. Does anyone know how accurate their calorie counter is?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You thought it felt like more?
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    In light mode? If anything, that's an overestimate. Light mode isn't much different than taking a walk. It can feel like more since your movement is condensed into clusters. It's still a fun workout though. Bang out a marathon of heavy mode and challenge songs and you can get a nice sweat going!
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you want burn counts that are more accurate, you need a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. Anything else is going to be just a guess.
  • merylmartin14
    merylmartin14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's true about it being a guess. And I did pick some harder songs too. I did a few on standard as well. It's DDR Ultramix 3, one of the old games.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I knew a couple dudes that were hardcore into DDR. I called them the blues brothers, they didn't get it.
  • _LemonAid_
    _LemonAid_ Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I play DDR/Stepmania regularly and I play on Heavymode+. I liken it to jogging(i jog during the warmer months) and so far it's been very accurate for me. It's my form of exercise and I can't even tell. Anything under heavy mode, maybe even difficult if it's at least 9 footers isn't going to do much in terms of tons of calories burned. Pretty much you would have to work harder for a longer amount of time on light mode and difficult.