body beast results for overweight women

Options
I'm about 30 lbs overweight, plus no definition and all that. I have been doing body beast lean schedule for a month now, and even though I feel specially my legs and my biceps getting stronger to the touch, or more toned should I say, I don't see any difference when I look at the pics from before, not even a bit. My diet is not really that clean, but I do my best, and when it comes to the weights I really push it, no little baby weights. Anyone in a situation like me? please let me know about your experiences. Am I in a good path or kind of losing my time?
Thank you!

Replies

• FeistyGirl007
    FeistyGirl007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kristell160- Personally, I would be quite annoyed if I didnt see any real changes in 30 days... Many years ago, when I was in really great shape- I remember hearing several famous Pros speak about the importance of eating clean. (I never had to worry about that, because I always did eat clean, when I was working out. ) But, I always remember them stressing over and over, that if you didnt eat clean- IN ADDITION to putting in the exercise, you just will not get the results that you are looking for. You just WON'T. : ( I got really great results back then, maybe because I was doing both. It will also really speed up your results, too, if you do both... : ) Just something to think about. Also a p.s.- I had a roommate- who had about 30 lbs to lose. She would never diet or eat clean. She would just go to the gym and try to life as many weights as possible, to lose the weight and tone up. It never worked. She ended up being stronger and had more endurance and was stronger, but she never lost any weight. She didnt believe in "baby weights" , either... She didnt end up bigger or bulky, she just ended up tightening what she had- which was still too big. Does that make ANY sense?? In order for a WOMAN to tone up, we should do HEAVY REPS of LIGHT weights... Men bulk up- while doing a few reps of REALLY HEAVY WEIGHTS... ALWAYS REMEMBER, the BEST BODIES of the famous celebrities and models out there, use very light weights to achieve their really great shapes! Women do not need to use really heavy weights, unless they are going into Pro Bodybuilding! Also- FORM IS KEY! NEVER BE SLOPPY WITH YOUR FORM! : ) I hope some of this helps you or makes any sense. : ) Just an Fyi - I am going to order the BB today. I have 75 lbs to lose. Good luck!
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ignore the person above, she has no idea what she's talking about. Absolutely use big weights. Light weights do absolutely nothing. Women and men train the same.

If you're not seeing more definition then that's because muscles do not really grow on a calorie deficit; in addition, if you are logging your calories incorrectly or are not in a deficit, you will not see definition until you fix that and lose more weight.
  • Ninkip
    Options
    Okay, so I'm here and I've chosen to commit to this for a lot of reasons, health, clothes that cost less, personal comfort, and happiness, etc. And cuz I'm flippin' miserable with going from normal(125 lbs) to SO fat(200 lbs) in 5 yrs. Most people can afford to spend on books and trainers and so forth. I can't. I'm clueless about exercise and calories. I need suggestions for everything. What diet, ? what work out, ? etc. I haven't found a site that has a free work out program with instructions about the exercises and how many to do. I have no idea how to use the exercise machines in my apt. complex fitness room and I don't know how to swim.
    And what do I do with this pantry full of things I shouldn't eat? I don't know if I can bring myself to just give it all away....geez.