Herbalife

Options
I wanted to know has anyone else tried the Herbalife shakes, etc. I have been on them for almost a year and I feel amazing. I am not tired of them and I have lost 75 lbs. I started to feel great before I even really lost any weight, with the good stuff in the shakes.

But my question is, I cannot afford these shakes, supplements all the time. And now with the gas prices going up. Has anyone else found something just as good or equal to? The shakes are soy protien and not whey, they say the soy protien is better for you. At least that is what all of the weightloss coaches tell me in my herbalife weightloss class each week.

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Make your own smoothies at home. Buy fresh fruit and organic low fat yogurt. You'll save $ and cut out processed food that's not good for you over the real long term! You can measure out the servings and count calories that way. Frozen fruit works best and it was picked at the peak of freshness and it's cheaper than regular fresh fruit.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Tried one from Henry's Market some time ago that was very good. I would say go to a local Market of yours and check out the shakes that they have, compare nutrition labels to the Herbalife shakes and get whatever is closest to it :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    oh and you can buy soy yogurt if you can't have regular milk products. There's lots of non-dairy yogurt on the market. As a woman you should be careful not to eat too much processed soy each day (messes up your estrogen levels, not good for breast cancer prevention--and this is from my Mom's cancer doctor!!) Stick to Almond milk (the lower calorie one) if you cannot have dairy in a homemade smoothie.
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    oh and you can buy soy yogurt if you can't have regular milk products. There's lots of non-dairy yogurt on the market. As a woman you should be careful not to eat too much processed soy each day (messes up your estrogen levels, not good for breast cancer prevention--and this is from my Mom's cancer doctor!!) Stick to Almond milk (the lower calorie one) if you cannot have dairy in a homemade smoothie.

thank you, I do drink almond milk, I switched to that a while back. Thank you for the info for the soy protien
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow that is to funny!! I am doing Herbalife shake everyday since June and I am also down 75 lbs. I love the things and I feel great. The cost is not the best but I'm not ready to stop using the products just yet! They have helped me thus far and I have about 30 more lbs to go so I will want Herbalife by my side til the end.
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! WTG!!!

Yes Herbalife makes me also feel amazing and I dont want to give it up either, but if it came down to where I had no choice I dont want to be left empty handed.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    can you get Herbalife from ebay? maybe its cheaper on there
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    can you get Herbalife from ebay? maybe its cheaper on there

Yes I have seen it on ebay. So try that!!
  • drmikeca
    drmikeca Posts: 1
    Options
    Be careful buying the old expired products from ebay go to this site google diet444.com or herbalife diet444? they sell at rock bottom and ship it direct from Herbalife so you never get old products. We use the aloe in mango flavor!
  • achavez32
    Options
    GNC sells soy protein and its not to expensive, I was herbalife member for 7 years spent to much money on it, stop buying them you'll save a whole lot of money
  • yayimshrinking
    Options
    if your worried about the cost why dont you ask your coach to sign you up as a distributor you think you get 25% off so if you are planning on doing it long term it can save you heaps! I did that and just from personal usage, myself, my busband and my mother i am now getting 50% off the retail price!
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    Be careful buying the old expired products from ebay go to this site google diet444.com or herbalife diet444? they sell at rock bottom and ship it direct from Herbalife so you never get old products. We use the aloe in mango flavor!

Love the aloe. Good stuff
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    if your worried about the cost why dont you ask your coach to sign you up as a distributor you think you get 25% off so if you are planning on doing it long term it can save you heaps! I did that and just from personal usage, myself, my busband and my mother i am now getting 50% off the retail price!

Same here I now get the 35% off but really its just me selling to myself lol but its saving me money.
  • radermacherjn
    Options
    I was actually thinking about getting Herbalife shakes. What's the best flavor?
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    make your own green smoothie...fruits and veggies in one drink that tastes oh so yummy :)
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    I was actually thinking about getting Herbalife shakes. What's the best flavor?

I love the choc mixed with cookies and cream and also the vanilla is very versitile i often add Greek yogurt to those.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Herbalife products for 2 years now. I had my third child last year and am now down a total of 101 lbs. I agree it is costly but well worth it. The products on ebay maybe distributors trying to sell their old products so be careful there. You can always ask your coach to sign you up. You will then begin with a 25% discount but have the possibility to work your way up to a 50% discount. That's where I am at now. Good luck.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I love Herbalife! I get the strawberry banana with oatmeal, peach tea and the shot of aloe and it's amazing! I need to buy some to keep at home! Thanks for the reminder!
  • millerwalls
    Options
    I use advocare shakes, in the choc ones I add peanut butter and the vanilla I add strawberries sometimes. :smooched: