How often do you weight yourself, and why?

Options
13»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I go to the bathroom either naked or in pjs.

Because it's like brushing my teeth - no emotion attached. If I stopped myself and did it on schedule I'd worry about it and put some meaning on it. Now it's like - wow, gained a pound yesterday. I bet I have to poop.

I am always within 3 pounds, so it's just basic information. I notice when I drop pounds and am lower than my normal range and when that changes permanently. I've never had it go over for more than a day, but if it did more than a week or two, I'd see what I'd done to gain the weight and change my diet until I was back in range.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Daily, in the morning, naked and empty. At this particular frequency because 1) I like the data and 2) I'm losing too fast due to a subclinical thyroid condition that my dr is being an *kitten* about treating, so it is helping me see how often and how much to increase calories to compensate.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Once a week - Every Monday night at around 6.30pm!!! I record the details on my phone : )
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I weight myself first thing every morning. Why? Because I am a big honkin' geek who likes numbers and spreadsheets. :)
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the AM. I have done daily, twice a week, every other week, you name it. I have found one time keeps me accountable but isn't too much to mess with my head. I find daily just gets overwhelming for me and one step in my morning routine I just don't want.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Daily to mentally know, weekly to log it.