sharing food diary..

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
do YOU share your food diary?

what are some advantages/disadvantages of doing so??

What are everyones thoughts about this???

Replies

• lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I share mine. I feel like I eat pretty healthy so why not? Also, if there's something I'm doing wrong and someone can point that out to me, then that's a bonus.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I share mine with friends. This way they might see a food that I eat and is not so bad for them which makes them want to try it. Plus it helps keep me accountable... if I don't lose everyone can see why I didn't so I better eat right so I do lose :blushing:
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It's helps to have your food diary especially if you ask for advice about something....such as "I've hit a plateau, what can I do?" If your diary isn't open....no one can really help you....b/c they can't see what you eat or your exercise.....disadvantages can be that some people can be very tactless and critical when looking at your diary.....I only want constructive criticism when I ask for help....
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I share mine .... I think it can help other people to look at what other people are eating. I don't eat "clean" .. I use moderation and still eat things I like just not tons of bad stuff. Plus I do think a bit more about eating something bad because I know that everyone will know what I ate.
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I share mine with friends. I know I don't always make the best choices but I'm honest and log everything. I don't ask for advice about what I eat and so far no one has given any unsolicited. I do like seeing what other friends are eating, some share and some don't. I've tried (and liked!) a few new things I saw that others had eaten.
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    i share mine... i like seeing other peoples cause it gives me ideas on foods to eat and also if someone is struggling and needs advice its a good source to refer too...
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I don't have any reason to hide it and if someone sees something that I should change or improve, then I'd like to know about it.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Definitely share. It's helpful to have other's judge what we eat and how much we eat. They do so because they care about their pals eating enough of the healthy stuff. And it's also helpful for others to see that, yes, indulgences aren't going to pack on 5 pounds when eaten in moderation or on occassion.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I share mine.
    I figured friends can offer constructive criticism.
    And if anyone needs help with dieting, I can show them my diary for meal ideas.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I share mine because I like when others have their public. If they post that they are losing, or have lost a lot, I like to see what exactly they are doing without having to ask people. Its encouraging and helpful to see what works for people and also to get ideas on meals and snacks.
    I see no reason not to share it, I don't care if someone knows what I ate in a day. its not like it's my social security number ;)
  • littlenoms
    Options
    I share mine as well.

Sometimes to get meal ideas, I snoop through other people's diaries... I figure it's only fair to leave mine open.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    cool thanks! i think im going to share mine with friends!