Losing ten by Christmas!

Options
Attempting to lose ten pounds by Christmas! I have decided to start with small, attainable goals this time around and am looking for tips from people who have succeeded with this method, or any others!

I started this goal about 2.5 weeks ago (10 weeks, 10 lbs), and have lost about one lb. I have a little over 7 weeks left.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    If you have already lost a lb, it seems like you are on the right track.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My advice is to be happy with any amount of weight you lose in 10 weeks, even if you don’t lose 10 lbs.
  • Rubyew
    Rubyew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would love to do that too. Feel free to add me as a friend. Well done on your losses so far.
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'll join you on this one - feel free to add me!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I would aim to lose 7lbs - 1lb a week. If you lose more... YAY!!!! 1lb a week should be doable and not too hard too meet.

I
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Attempting to lose ten pounds by Christmas! I have decided to start with small, attainable goals this time around and am looking for tips from people who have succeeded with this method, or any others!

I started this goal about 2.5 weeks ago (10 weeks, 10 lbs), and have lost about one lb. I have a little over 7 weeks left.

Suggestion: forget x-mas and just keep doing what you're doing. It's working. Losing weight is not a race, and x-mas is not the finish line.

• Sharl_120
    Sharl_120 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a similar amount before Christmas. I'm about 122-120lb and want to get to 112lb which is/was my usual weight.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this with a friend.....we have to confess each time we eat something 'naughty'.
  • vivrevotrevie
    vivrevotrevie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »

Suggestion: forget x-mas and just keep doing what you're doing. It's working. Losing weight is not a race, and x-mas is not the finish line.

Definitely understand this. The Christmas deadline was not so much a race finish-line, but more of a loose goal timeline. I tend to work better with timelines and small goals. It is always nice to reach those little mini checkpoints. Thanks for the support!
  • vivrevotrevie
    vivrevotrevie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    SueGeer wrote: »
    I'm doing this with a friend.....we have to confess each time we eat something 'naughty'.

Like it! Accountability!
  • MissMotivated92
    Options
    Hey I want to lose 4lbs by xmas for sure! You can do this :) You are already winning if you've already lost a pound - drink lots of water and eat lean meats and veggies and oatmeal too! I also swapped milk for unsweetened almond milk at 26kcal per200ml (lactose intolerant) and no cheese too and it literally works wonders! Two easily replaced items as well :)
  • erinmiklas
    erinmiklas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is 8 more pounds by January 1 to start the year encouraged, so we're thinking along the same lines. :) It's much less daunting when you break it into smaller amounts. After that I'll still have 60 more to go lol. Good luck!