Lost it all, then gained again

Options
2»

Replies

• fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    gypsy wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, yes I am back on track now and have the calorie counting back on track also. I feel like I failed but I know I haven't let it go so far that it cant be fixed without taking forever ( again ). I will be 48 in the middle of feb so I am aiming to be back down to my goal weight by then or close to it at least by a few kg. I am 61kg ( 134 lbs. ) and I really think the weight I got down to was too skinny 49kg ( 107 lbs. ) people said I looked skeletal, my boobs were empty and I had no bum at all ( really it was gone, just flat ) so I am thinking my " happy weight " that seems to suit my build is about 53kg ( 116.6 lbs. ) So I am aiming to get down to that and stay between 51kg 54kg. That will be my maintaining weight. o:)

You want to lose 17.4lb but your counter is set to 44lbs?
  • cherrychoc67
    cherrychoc67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, yes I am back on track now and have the calorie counting back on track also. I feel like I failed but I know I haven't let it go so far that it cant be fixed without taking forever ( again ). I will be 48 in the middle of feb so I am aiming to be back down to my goal weight by then or close to it at least by a few kg. I am 61kg ( 134 lbs. ) and I really think the weight I got down to was too skinny 49kg ( 107 lbs. ) people said I looked skeletal, my boobs were empty and I had no bum at all ( really it was gone, just flat ) so I am thinking my " happy weight " that seems to suit my build is about 53kg ( 116.6 lbs. ) So I am aiming to get down to that and stay between 51kg 54kg. That will be my maintaining weight. o:)

?? I just checked my counter and it says starting 61.2kg goal 53kg? I cant see it on here not sure why but my ticker is correct
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Gypsy...I said this in Aussie Aussie forum that when I click on your profile you come up as a 24yo with no avatar and no photo and 44lbs to lose (thus the comment above and the one on trolling I think). You might want to contact Mfp and get them to have a look/rectify it for you. I'd friend you but can't because of what's happening and may be the case for others on the Aussie thread.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Gypsy...I said this in Aussie Aussie forum that when I click on your profile you come up as a 24yo with no avatar and no photo and 44lbs to lose (thus the comment above and the one on trolling I think). You might want to contact Mfp and get them to have a look/rectify it for you. I'd friend you but can't because of what's happening and may be the case for others on the Aussie thread.

Wow, that is just crazy, isn't it? Especially since we can see the OPs avatar in her posts!

There have been a number of people whose accounts say "deactivated" when in fact they aren't. So many bugs right now.

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Gypsy! It happens and I also yo-yoed Sounds like a solid plan to get to your happy weight.

Being 60 yo I will say I regret not becoming more fit in my 40s and 50s. If you can work out and get really fit in addition to weight loss, you will be so much more comfortable later on.
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options

funchords wrote: »
    Don't make it a weight-loss program, make it a lifestyle-change program.

Couldn't agree more! diets don't work, what works is a healthy lifestyle that you can maintain for the rest of your life.

• fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

?? I just checked my counter and it says starting 61.2kg goal 53kg? I cant see it on here not sure why but my ticker is correct

MFP is cray cray. Sorry for confusement. Also hello from fellow Aussie.
  • pickledeggy
    pickledeggy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dont let it get out of control. I got thin once too. Lose atound 60-70lbs the first time. I felt and looked FANTASTIC. I got pregnant, stuffed my face and piled on 4 1/2 stone. I piled on 2 more postbaby. My highest weight was 18 stone 3lbs at 5'8. Not good. Ive only been using MFP for one month. Im down half a stone. I never noticed the weight pile on before, believe it or not. But i overate to the extreme. Lose what little youve gained dont let it get out of control like i did!
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Get back on the horse, honey. You know what you have to do, and how to do it. It kinda seems like it's mostly mental with you right now. I wish you the best of luck!!! :)
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When you get it all back off, come up with a plan to maintain. I'm thinking mine will be close monitoring within a range. When I get above the upper cut off of the range, go back on the diet until it comes off again. I don't want to have to count calories for the rest of my life, but I am willing to tolerate a month or two of it every now and then to maintain.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you need to stay focused, how bad do you want it? when you want it bad enough, and get that dedication, then it works.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    the best advice I can give you (nice bike by the way) is to set your goal and figure to try to outdo that by about 5 lbs....then when you reach that goal with the extra loss plan to maintain from there....I can tell you that having gained and lost 35 lbs that it's frustrating...maintaining is actually more difficult than just losing. In my case I did pretty much what you did...stopped counting, stopped caring because I treated the loss as my diet finish line....and you can't do that. It has to become a part of your routine or you'll slip....at least that's what my plan is going forward....to hit the mark, lose a couple extra, and work on maintenance afterward \m/
  • orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just remember you have done it before and you can do it again!

I lost 87lbs and gained it all back and more when I fell into a deep depression and being in the house all the time really affected my activity levels too. You need to look back, understand where you went wrong and just find your motivation again.

We all believe in you here!
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Happens to everyone. I dropped to 105, then gained 10 lbs back by falling into the trap I always told myself I'd never fall into ("You're skinny now so you can eat what you want").
    Have since lost all of the weight I regained, including 5 more, so I'm at my goal weight of about 100 lbs now (I'm only about 5'0) and maintaining.

I know it feels discouraging to gain back weight (like you've just 'ruined' your hard work), but you totally can lose it again. Keep in mind, most people fluctuate in weight throughout their lives. I personally think it's normal to go through a few cycles of weight gain and weight loss.
  • cherrychoc67
    cherrychoc67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all for your encouragement, its very helpful. I know when I got thin I had trouble " stopping " the weight loss and in fact got " skinny " I just didn't know how to stop and maintain so I just stopped exercising and slowly I stopped using mfp, then I thought well im under weight I can eat chocolate and the rest is history. The hardest part for me was knowing how to stop losing and start maintaining, so this time I will continue with mfp on maintenance mode instead of thinking I have done it, its finished, I got there and so on. first weigh in today and I am down 800g this week so I am happy with my start.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    24 pounds is not the end of the world.. just start working out again..get back on track.. it is all good. you can do it.
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Really? No one caught that OP said she lost all her weight with a 900 calorie diet? I know you're short, but that's why you gained all your weight back. You lost with too much of a deficient. You need to lose weight how you're going to maintain it, slowly and with enough calories! AT LEAST 1200 PLEASE! I don't care what anyone says, unless you're a child your body needs to NET at least that much on average. You can lose and eat more, it will just be slower unless you increase your exercise, but it's difficult to do that without eating more. ;]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!