In love with yogurt and granola. Lunch - 290 cals/30 grams protein

Options
I found this Bear Naked protein granola at the grocery store. Is it the lowest calorie granola I have come across with 10 grams of protein and 140 calories.

http://www.amazon.com/Kashi-Protein-Granola-Honey-Almond/dp/B00FRDUHOY/ref=sr_1_5?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1415036455&sr=1-5&keywords=bear+naked+protein

Lunch = 290 calories, 20 carbs, 30 protein

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, it's only a 1oz serving.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    granola always makes me so sad. I love it- but I can't bring myself to eat it.

so little- for so many calories.

But yes- yogurt + granola is delicious.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yeah, last time I had a bowl of granola (I eat it dry, btw.) it was over 500 cals. I was like... I'm still hungry.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Man, I've tried the yogurt parfait thing for breakfast and I was starving 2 hours later. I can't even imagine having that for lunch.
  • baxterroxy
    baxterroxy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It depends what kind of yogurt you are eating. I do Fage 2% it has 20 grams of protein. Most yogurts come in smaller packages and only have 10 grams. One serving of granola is a good ratio for 1 cup of yogurt.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    every morning, I have 125 gms of non fat cottage cheese, 100 gms non fat greek yogurt, 1/3 rd cup of granola, 3 tbsps non fat cool whip...just over 300 calories, all blended together - almost 30 gms of protien and freakin delicious and satisfying...
  • dbmata
    Options
    Where are these magical low calorie granolas coming from? I have to find some.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    granola always makes me so sad. I love it- but I can't bring myself to eat it.

so little- for so many calories.

But yes- yogurt + granola is delicious.

Yeah. Can't do it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love all the Bear Naked granolas! So delicious. I have it with some plain non-fat chobani and some berries - soooooo good. We have at least 3 flavors in our house at all times.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I buy this pumpkin and flax seed granola at Sprouts Farmers Markets that's only 70 calories for 1/4 cup. I mix that with 6 ounces Fage 2% plain greek yogurt and some berries. One of my favorites,
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Granola is yummy - love it with vanilla yogurt and blueberries. I used to have it often but it is a bit too much calories for me in the morning so I just stick to that as a treat breakfast now and then.