Body bugg/ fitbit

Options
Has anyone tried any of these? Or something similar? What do you think/recommend?

Replies

• DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Body Media.. It is easy to use and you can get it at Costco.com with a 12 month subscription..
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Body Media Fit has been on my arm since Feb 28th -- prior to getting it I was stuck in a plateau of losing the same 2-3 lbs over and over again... I have lost 10 pounds since I got it ... 100% worth it.

In fact today the strap broke ... and I paid 30 bucks for 3 new straps so this never happens again... and 20 bucks in shippingn so I can get it sooner!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any of these? Or something similar? What do you think/recommend?

Sadly to the best of my knowledge none of them are available in Canada. I would probably purchase one if they were.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and I LOVE it. Its facinating, to really take weight loss down to a science. Its extremely helpful for me, and nothing keeps me in line better than seeing what I ACTUALLY burn (no overinflated exercise calories for this chick!). :noway:

I hate having to take it off for a shower :sad:
  • K8egrl22
    K8egrl22 Posts: 9
    Options
    I had the old body bugg and loved it! It was so easy to use and it really motivates you to move! knowing it's there tracking every calorie you burn makes you want to burn more! The new ones seem even better because you can see your burn and heart rate right there in the little display. It is a bit expensive so that's a bit of a draw back. But, if your looking for motivation and a way to accurately track you calories burned it's worth it!
  • mskitteh
    mskitteh Posts: 1
    Options
    I received and started using mine on the 18th and so far, I think it's a fairly helpful tool. It's not 100% accurate (but then again, nothing else is), but I think 80-90% accurate isn't unreasonable.

It gives me an idea of how much I burn throughout the day and reminds me that I can't have a big bowl of ice cream just because I did my Zumba class for the day, lol.

I don't usually notice I'm wearing it anymore when I'm doing other things, but I haven't found it to be a pain or distracting; I also haven't found it to be too bad looking and it fits under a lot of my longer sleeves.

I love that I can go online and view the graphs that show my calorie intake vs burn, my calories burned per hour, etc.. I use the MyFitnessPal to track food on my phone, but the bodybugg to track calories so it works out great.

I also got the BodyBugg SP because I like the fact that I can sync it to my phone to view my "trip" data (a second meter that records calories burned since you last reset it... I use it to see how much I burn when I'm at the gym specifically) but I'm finding it's not really that necessary since the online graph can tell me how much I burn in whatever time period I specify.

It is pricey, though, and after the 6 month subscription that comes with it runs out, you need to purchase a renewal subscription to keep using it.

All in all, only you'll have an idea of how good it is for you. It's a tool, it doesn't make you move, it just tells you how well you moved. =)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Sadly to the best of my knowledge none of them are available in Canada. I would probably purchase one if they were.

I believe the Body Media Fit is available in Canada if you want to try it!