Bluetooth in-ear headphones for exercise?

Options
I'm looking for sports in-ear headphones that have BLUETOOTH.
Following is the wish list:

a) comfy
b) depth of sound for music
c) 3 physical buttons for higher/lower volume AND "next song" functionality
d) microphone for taking calls with phone
e) android compatible

I would love to have some input or recommendations on which to buy. Thank you:)

Replies

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have been using the LG ones that sit around your neck, with separate earbuds that come off (magnetic to put back into the neckband). My first one lasted over a year of workouts - heavy sweating no problem. The only issue I have is doing situps or certain exercises where you lean back, they slide off so I just turn it around when doing those.

Eventually started having issues with only one ear working and bought another newer version of it. Turned out it was my phone that was the problem though.

Range is excellent - I can leave my phone in the middle of the gym and go at least 30 feet away from it and no issues at all. The newer one I bought is slightly less, but still excellent. My new one is the HBS-750 model.

I have very little ears, so none of the kind that hook on your ear work for me, and the others had very large protruding ear buds that were so heavy they wouldnt stay in. I tried and returned quite a few before settling with this one. Not perfect, but works well for me.

It has quite a few buttons on it - volume, skip forward and backwards, power, calling (you can make/receive calls but I dont think it has a microphone so have to have phone nearby for that. Vibrates when you get a call.

I have a Note 2 android phone it pairs perfectly with.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    How about these from Sony - Waterproof Walkman with NFC & Bluetooth
    NWZ-WS610 Series.

I have an older 4GB model without bluetooth and I like them.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like Bluebuds X. Be warned that despite the "lifetime sweatproof warranty", the controls are the first thing to go, but they'll die in all of the headsets if you sweat enough.

At least you can get these replaced when they do.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I like Bluebuds X. Be warned that despite the "lifetime sweatproof warranty", the controls are the first thing to go, but they'll die in all of the headsets if you sweat enough.

At least you can get these replaced when they do.

I love love love my Bluebuds. I resisted replacing my corded Sennheisers for years because the sound quality wasn't there. But these sound just as good, have great range, battery life and amazing fit and comfort. They don't move and I have funny ears. :disappointed:

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Thx for the replies, I'll check them out:)
  • burtonvdp
    burtonvdp Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I just started working out about 3 months ago but I have been using the jabra street2 for about a year (Working around the house). I'll be picking up the jabra play when I wear these out. I use it like a necklace so all of the weight is supported and they feel just like a regular pair of ear buds. I can't speak for the play but the street2 is very comfy and works with my Moto X.

If you are a stickler for audio you can buy your own earbud set as well.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a Jabra Clipper (http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-CLIPPER-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B0040X33SE) for a few years now.

The main unit just clips to your shirt, then you can plug any set of earbuds or headphone into it. The earbuds that came with it are ok at best. I bought new ones and those sound great. I have to tuck the wire itself in my shirt, but I'm not physically tethered to the phone.

I'm sure there are earbuds with shorter cords similar to what came with it. I just have not bothered to look.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    I have been using the LG ones that sit around your neck, with separate earbuds that come off (magnetic to put back into the neckband). My first one lasted over a year of workouts - heavy sweating no problem. The only issue I have is doing situps or certain exercises where you lean back, they slide off so I just turn it around when doing those.

Eventually started having issues with only one ear working and bought another newer version of it. Turned out it was my phone that was the problem though.

Range is excellent - I can leave my phone in the middle of the gym and go at least 30 feet away from it and no issues at all. The newer one I bought is slightly less, but still excellent. My new one is the HBS-750 model.

I have very little ears, so none of the kind that hook on your ear work for me, and the others had very large protruding ear buds that were so heavy they wouldnt stay in. I tried and returned quite a few before settling with this one. Not perfect, but works well for me.

It has quite a few buttons on it - volume, skip forward and backwards, power, calling (you can make/receive calls but I dont think it has a microphone so have to have phone nearby for that. Vibrates when you get a call.

I have a Note 2 android phone it pairs perfectly with.

x2 on the LG BT Headset. Mine is the older HBS-700 model. Not sure how well they stay on your neck if doing high cardio but for my needs they work great.