Tips on Oopsie bread and Egg Foo Young

Options
Hi! I have a low carb diet and am going to be making these dishes. Any tips?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The carbs in those two dishes are very very low.
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've made egg foo yong... I use the recipe from Well Fed, or the blog the clothesmakethegirl.com It's a household favorite. Biggest recommendation? Use a non-stick pan.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Love me some oopsie bread.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Do you have the recipe for oopsie rolls? I've made them before and really enjoy them. Some tips that I have;
    1) Use non-stick foil when baking them, since they have the tendency to stick to whatever they were baked on.
    2) Add seasonings (mix them into the yolk batter). Plain oopsie rolls have a faint tang to them and are pretty bland. You can make them sweet or savory. I like to make them with added cocoa powder and almond extract, or italian seasoning and garlic salt.
    3) Make them in advance. They taste better and have a better texture if you seal them in a ziplock bag and store them in the fridge overnight.
  • raysmyth
    raysmyth Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    NaurielR wrote: »
    Do you have the recipe for oopsie rolls? I've made them before and really enjoy them. Some tips that I have;
    1) Use non-stick foil when baking them, since they have the tendency to stick to whatever they were baked on.
    2) Add seasonings (mix them into the yolk batter). Plain oopsie rolls have a faint tang to them and are pretty bland. You can make them sweet or savory. I like to make them with added cocoa powder and almond extract, or italian seasoning and garlic salt.
    3) Make them in advance. They taste better and have a better texture if you seal them in a ziplock bag and store them in the fridge overnight.

Thank you!! Making these tomorrow night.