Quick and easy breakfasts?

Options
I've noticed that my biggest problem in food intake is my breakfast. I eat like crap in the mornings and I need to stop! Any recommendations on what I can eat in the mornings? I don't really have time to sit and make an egg! I can sometimes get away with sitting down for a bowl of cereal but I'd rather eat something that I can eat on my way out the door too!

Replies

• geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    what if you made some muffins on the weekends or whatever day you can... throw them in the freezer and take a few out each day.... grab and go....Ive done that a couple of times.
  • quietbrunette
    Options
    You could eat a to-go type of fruit like bananas or an apple. You could make a greek yogurt parfait - for me, it takes a minute or two to throw together. Or microwave oatmeal and add vanilla, sweetener, and cinnamon - which takes 3-5 minutes to make.
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs.
  • Kellierahne
    Kellierahne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a couple pieces of fruit on my way out the door, and eat them when I get to work. The weekends are when I relax and cook breakfast :)
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Once a week I bake omelettes in a muffin pan so I can grab one every morning. Bacon & feta this week mmmm..
  • mitchfergustitus
    mitchfergustitus Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I will often eat Fage 0% Fat Greek Yogurt and a piece of fruit. It's around 250 calories, has plenty of protein, and is fast and easy. Another thing you could do is to cook your eggs in advance and freeze them in individual zip locks. Take one out in the morning and zap it, eat a multigrain light English Muffin along with it and you're good to go.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    pop tarts.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Frittata muffins
    banana and an ounce of almonds/peanuts/walnuts/pecans
    chicken salad wrapped in a corn tortilla
    ham and cheese roll-ups
    greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup
    skewers of grapes, meat (sausage/turkey/ham/etc), cheese

Really though - wake up 15 minutes earlier and sit down with some food in front of you and nothing else to concentrate on. It's totally worth it.
  • mandalou15
    Options
    Thank you guys!! These are awesome tips
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    111YoYo111 wrote: »
    Once a week I bake omelettes in a muffin pan so I can grab one every morning. Bacon & feta this week mmmm..

Love that idea.

I have leisurely mornings so breakfasts are often a production. I slept in on the weekend, though, nearly missed a meeting, so grabbed a Premier Protein. I would never go without my breakfast!

How about cutting up an apple, sprinkle it with cinnamon, and nuking for a minute? Have with a few walnuts and a dollop of greek yogurt.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I used to be a no breakfast or coffee only kind of person in the mornings because I'm a late riser. But I was honestly kind of surprised by how quickly I could make and eat a couple of scrambled eggs with salsa first thing in the morning.

Those muffin tin frittatas are easy to make in batches one evening, just heat them up in the microwave.
    Overnight oats. Again, they can be made in batches and either heated or you can eat them cold.
    Greek yogurt and either fruit or something crunchy (nuts, cereal, granola, etc). You can premeasure the toppings so that you can grab and go on your way out.
    I like those little pre-measured cups of peanut butter. Grab one with an apple or banana.
    And it doesn't have to be just breakfast foods. Grab leftovers from dinner last night, a sandwich, a protein bar, string cheese, whatever it is that sounds good to you and makes you feel the best.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Get up 15 min earlier and make an egg.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll set aside some time on a free day to make a bunch of breakfast sandwiches. I just make up some eggs or egg whites, put those on an untoasted 100 calorie English muffin and top with cheese and ham. Wrap them with wax paper or tin foil, pop em in a bag and freeze. In the morning, I grab one, wrap it loosely in a paper towel and nuke in the microwave for about 1:30-2 minutes. You may have to play with the cooking time, but it doesn't take long.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg doused in Sriracha washed down with an espresso! Sometimes a small handful of Almonds on the way out the door if I am feeling extra hungry.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    pop tarts.

yep. pop tarts always hit the spot
  • jenversuslife
    jenversuslife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Today I had fat free vanilla yoghurt topped with a little nut muesli, some raisins, some 100% peanut butter, and a flaxseed/linseed/sesame seed blend (325 kcal, 13g protein).
    Day before I had some wholemeal toast with pate (238 kcal).
    Monday I had a premade pack that has low fat yoghurt and strawberry granola that you mix together yourself by a brand called Rumblers. It was 311 kcal and I ate it in my car before I went into my 8.30 meeting.

If I've got a really early start I like to make smoothies (and wake the neighbours ha) as usually early starts = long drives. I had bags of frozen berries, pineapple, banana, mango etc in the freezer. I whack a few in a blender with some water, agave, chia seeds etc and just blitz. My blender is a 'to-go' style where you just change the lid on the cup after its blended from the blade to the drinking version and then it saves on washing up too!
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    111YoYo111 wrote: »

That's a great idea!
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, spray a wee bit of olive oil into a small, single serving cast iron fry pan. I crack an egg into a cup and mix it up. When the pan is hot, I pour it in and let it cook about two minutes and then flip it over and cook for another 30 seconds. I fold this onto a slice of toast and I can eat on the run. Start to finish in about 4 minutes.
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For me high fiber cereal and almond milk with a banana. If I want a big breakfast then I buy a loaf yes a LOAF of angel food cake, cut it in half, put thawed cool whip, and thawed frozen fruit on it. I just had that with blackberries. Mmmmmmm.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit.