Critique My Breakfast

2»

Replies

• lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    Nothing in your list is really "bad" for you to it. I totally understand about not having time and having to skip meals. You can make it up by eating a little more at other meals. Also think about any snacks you can bring with you while your on break at work or traveling between jobs. You can bring carrots, celery, apple slices, protein bar, etc. Whatever works for you. Bottom line: more calories expended than calories consumed will make you lose weight. I just find that I feel better physically and mentally when I take into account nutritional value. Try to get 5-6 servings of veggies a day. 9 cups of water a day. At least two servings of protein and at least two servings of carbs a day.

I think your breakfast list looks good!
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    i agree with other posters that if this breakfast works for you, continue. i hear you on the free food. please don't eat cheerios bc they say its heart healthy in the commercial, if thats the case eat more oats.
    AJ_G wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »
    Add an egg, keep the bacon, toss the rest.

Is a boiled egg okay? The male chef is a huge flirt I rather boil them at home than ask him to scramble one

Doesn't really matter how you cook the egg. Honestly, no individual meal matters. What matters is the calories, carbs, protein, fat, fiber, etc that you've consumed by the end of the day. You can eat 6 meals or 1 meal, doesn't matter. Just fit what you eat throughout the day into reasonable macro and calorie goals and you'll be fine. As far as "carb loading" because you're a runner, you don't need to carb load unless you're doing some sort of training or high performance competition, etc. If you're walking or jogging to work, you don't need to carb load at all.
    TRUTH!
    i agree with other posters that if this breakfast works for you, continue. i hear you on the free food. please don't eat cheerios bc they say its heart healthy in the commercial, if thats the case eat more oats.
    i am a big fan of lesser processed food simply bc you can have more of it and its more filling in my opinion.
    you can vary your breakfast, with adding a banana and walnuts or natural pb to your oatmeal
    you can have 3-4 slices of turkey bacon for the same cals as regular
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Truthfully, if you are overweight and not losing.....I wouldn't eat any of that. Even if it was free and I ran everyday. All those carbs at once are not good for you. Just driving up your sugar and making your pancreas work harder. Most overweight people are insulin resistant and need to be on a high protein diet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal. breakfast posts and oatmeal. mushy mushy with tons of crap in it. don't get it.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    If it wre me (I have no idea your calorie allottment) I'd have either the bagel and cream cheese or the oatmeal with brown sugar and then add in an additional protein source, like egg whites or whole egg.
  • TrailNurse wrote: »
    Truthfully, if you are overweight and not losing.....I wouldn't eat any of that. Even if it was free and I ran everyday. All those carbs at once are not good for you. Just driving up your sugar and making your pancreas work harder. Most overweight people are insulin resistant and need to be on a high protein diet.

I am losing. I went from obese to overweight per my bmi and as of today just lost another pound that I need to update so that's 49 pounds lost
  • arditarose wrote: »
    oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal. breakfast posts and oatmeal. mushy mushy with tons of crap in it. don't get it.

Because a few months ago when I asked what I could add to my breakfast every other person suggested oatmeal, so ask them
  • Csqueers
    Csqueers Posts: 7 Member

I am losing. I went from obese to overweight per my bmi and as of today just lost another pound that I need to update so that's 49 pounds lost

Congrats on 49lbs!