Recipe Creator

Options
ashowers36
ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
Um so I'm not having any luck with the new Recipe Creator in MFP. Can anyone help me on this. I added the ingredients, each one on its own line as the directions say, and nothing happens. I want to add a recipe but can't figure this out.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are lucky. This is what I got:
    Awesome! We matched 0 of 0 ingredients.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    They seem to be working on it as there is always a new bug every time I try it, or a change in format. I don't see the button for using the old recipe creator anymore, either.

So, I've just stopped using it. If you want to looking up nutritional information for your recipes (even if you can't log it as a recipe on MFP) you can try:
    recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

It is much easier to use and gives even more info.
  • Bhabs10
    Bhabs10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think if you add the ingredients as a meal and then use the Quick Tools to remember it, it then saves it as a recipe for you.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Having the same problems myself...wish they would have just left it alone!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    SAME HERE!^^^I HATE IT! It wont let me save anything unless I log it in with my meals today! GRR
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I much prefer the "old" recipe method. I was able to pick the ingredients that I want, not just some randomly chosen junk that isn't exactly what I want.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ask and ye shall receive, kids. Old one still works, if you know where to find it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator

The new one is insanely bad, and they seem to have quit caring.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The only thread they seem to be monitoring about this issue is here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10014325/updated-recipe-tool-feedback#latest . Let your voice be heard so they continue to understand that it's awful.
  • amperl8
    amperl8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ashowers36 wrote: »
    Um so I'm not having any luck with the new Recipe Creator in MFP. Can anyone help me on this. I added the ingredients, each one on its own line as the directions say, and nothing happens. I want to add a recipe but can't figure this out.

I'm getting this same issue. I've just been using it via the Andriod app. Seems to work fine.