Just signed up....ready for a positive change!

Options
Hello, I am new. I signed up today because I am at my heaviest and I am looking for a lifestyle change. The last few months have been very hard for me emotionally dealing with the weight I have gained and the physical toll it has begun taking on my body. I want to be healthier and all around happier. This seems like a great place to start! I hope to make new friends along the way :smiley:

Replies

• TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The best thing anyone ever said to me was, "You are not losing weight because it is not a priority for you." It was difficult to hear, but it was exactly true. I don't know you, so I can't speak with any authority about your situation, but I found it to be true that people succeed at what they make their priorities. Practically everything I have done in the last 19 months has served my priorities of losing weight and getting fit.
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. Please fee free to add me if you would like. I have lost 30lbs so far, we can support each other.
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started in August. I have lost 36lbs so far! You can do it! I'm on MFP daily! Feel free to add me!
  • CeeCee721
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I know this process will not be easy but I am ready to change my life for the better
  • Welcome CeeCee, I sent you a request. Im on a similar journey like yourself. Good luck and keep in touch.
  • Waltman67
    Waltman67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and words have power. Start your day by setting an intention or goal. Also employ a positive affirmation as you get ready for your day.
    Use positive language throughout your day. If someone asks how you feel, tell them you feel GREAT! Even if you don't at first, your body will follow the messages your mind is putting out.
    At night, before bed, reflect on your day. Again, write in positive terms, what you accomplished. Then, write out what you are grateful for.
    You will do great! You have already taken a huge step. Keep going!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    welcome CeeCee, just log what you eat. As you go along, you will realize what foods give you more bang for the buck so to speak. For me its fresh spinach. I go thru a bag or container a week. I put it under alot of foods I eat. I steam it into alot of pastas I eat. I put it in a big bowl and add hot soup over them to instantly steam the leaves. It is great for your body and really makes me feel powerful and healthy. I write my food down during the day, and what I exercise. I don't eat the numbers I make from exercising. Thats just me. I usually make a copy of my journal and then cross stuff off as I eat them. That keeps me accountable. Eating and living an honest life, that is my motto. :smile:
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale 32 days ago and I was at my heaviest weight ever. Since then I have lost 8.5#. It was a huge eye opener for me. Im planning to make this change my lifestyle.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Congrats Christina!! Feeling slimmer feels good.
  • CeeCee721
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. I know this will be an uphill battle for me but I am finally in the right frame of mind to finally stop complaining about it and actually do it!!!