Your favorite (very) low cal foods to eat after a splurge

Options
Hi Everyone. I was invited out to lunch today - my friend's treat - for fancy grilled cheese & fries. I know I could have ordered something light, but we all went ahead and had the same thing. I rarely eat out, and have not hung out with these co-workers in a while, so I was fine with a splurge meal (which, while tasty, really not that great...and I feel sick...BUT that's another post!)

I was wondering what some of you do after a splurge. Do go on as usual with your next meal? Eat a salad? Stick with raw foods or liquids? I am not overly concerned with staying at my calorie goal today...my main concern to helping my body deal with the heavy food I just consumed (again, SO not worth it). I've planned for an apple as afternoon snack and am thinking of just sticking with fresh fruit or veggies for the rest of the day. What would you do?

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Lots of steamed veggies, NO salt, maybe some chicken and lots of water. :drinker:
  • inchik
    inchik Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    seems like you don't feel so well after your lunch. i would just skip the snack, drink some green tea and see how you feel at dinner time.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love to splurge on Chinese. I asked a question similar to this a few weeks ago and many of the responses I got included drinking lots of water to flush my system. I hope you're feeling better soon!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have a pot of fat metaboliser pills that i stinged off my mum.
    If i eat too much a certain day i'l grab a handful instead of just the required 2.
    :/
    But i dont like to do that very often..
    I dont think its all that healthy..

So alternatively i down loads of a diet "soda", (pepsi max for me!)
    And thats boots my metablism into over time for the day, so i know my BMR is more than normal...
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Homemade vegetable soup and a good long walk, good luck
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a greek yogurt to get some protein and those great probiotics to help digest the meal. Then I eat a big salad with grilled chicken and lite/low fat dressing.
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    I try to stick to light things like salad, steamed veggies, miso soup, green tea, and drink lots of water to keep myself on track for the rest of the day when I splurge at lunch or breakfast. It doesn't always work out that way, of course, but I try! ;)
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. I am feeling worse by the minute. I'm sure that I will be hungry again this evening and I think I will stick to raw fruit and veggies and/or yogurt.

Edited to add...I'm not truly ill from the food...I just feel queasy, with a heaviness/ache in my chest (feels like I have to burp!)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't normally do anything different.
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I eat really clean after something like that. My favorite meal is fish, rice and a green veggie all mixed up in a bowl. It comes to about 290 calories give or take depending on the fish and the veggie.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! It's fun to splurge every once in awhile. I did it just yesterday. Had a bacon cheeseburger with egg on an english muffin, waffle fries, fried cheese curds, and regular soda. YUM! It was almost my entire day's calories at 1300 or so but I was still good for the day. I should have eaten a lean cuisine or healthy choice TV dinner for dinner though because most of the decent sized meals have under 300 calories!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Usually just to get my stomach back on track I would have an egg white veggie scramble or a protein shake made with just water and chai tea. Not even really because of guilt but more because my tummy feels heavy and bloated and I need to be kind to it.

Ang
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Usually just to get my stomach back on track I would have an egg white veggie scramble or a protein shake made with just water and chai tea. Not even really because of guilt but more because my tummy feels heavy and bloated and I need to be kind to it.

Ang
  • Sarahdangerfox
    Options
    Helice- diet pills and diet soda are NOT a healthy way to get fit. You're doing a lot of damage with that stuff- please be careful!

OP- I know you're probably feeling bloated, but keep drinking your water. It will help cleanse your system and flush things through. Stick with light, fibrous foods for dinner. Maybe some fresh veg and fruit or a very light veggie soup? Miso soup is light but pretty nutritious, so that could be a good, quick dinner too with some veg thrown in.

Hope you feel better!