Things you never thought you would look forward to eating?

Options
I was thinking about this today as I headed home from class for my afternoon snack, which today happened to be an apple and Greek yogurt to dip it in...I never thought I would be excited to eat an apple and Greek yogurt for a snack. Ever. And while that wasn't my only snack today (my final leftover Halloween cookie made it in there, along with some other things), it still caught me by surprised that I found myself almost craving it. The same thing has happened with my morning oatmeal and strawberries, I am so ready to eat it by the time I wake up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    We had a Halloween party a few weekends ago.....the usual food stuffs were there, mostly all high calorie foods that aren't the best to eat on a diet. Well I did have some, blew my calorie count for the day......funny thing was the next day I craved nothing but good health food....salads veggies fruit and all good food. Love it!!
  • cropaway
    cropaway Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to hate greek yogurt and now I love it and crave it!
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. I have eaten them every day this week.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've been on a kimchi kick lately. I have a container full at work, and I'll often look forward to snacking on some mid afternoon.

If someone told me six months ago how excited I would be for my bowl of fermented cabbage, I'd think they were crazy.
  • habeebz921
    habeebz921 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Definitely porridge. I found it so bland before since I was eating cocopops every morning before that.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    cropaway wrote: »
    I used to hate greek yogurt and now I love it and crave it!

Same. I tried it when Chobani first came out and it was awful. Now I eat a cup a day.
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Tuna. I hate fish, but today I was craving it the whole morning. Maybe I was just hungry, hahaha.
  • jhboise
    jhboise Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am always looking forward to a green smoothie in the morning! If you had put the words "green" and "smoothie" together before this, I would have thought it was a joke.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes. I crave spinach/kale in my eggs and I crave at least one sometimes two apples a day. Before it was like yuck apples. The most hated fruit known to me. Now it's like, I *need* my apple!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Asparagus. Now it takes 2lbs of it to feed 3 of us and I'm pretty sure we could eat more than that given the chance.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I look forward to eating foods that I love and I didn't ADD foods that I hate just because I started counting calories. I loved them all along but had just been eating larger sandwiches and more of the things, so was fat.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Squash. I've always liked it, but in more of a "buy it once a year, make and eat it, then let the leftovers languish in refrigerator hell for two weeks" kind of way. My supermarket had all varities of winter squash on sale for 49c per pound this weekend, so I bought 6. Squashes, not pounds. I had an acorn yesterday, and half of a spaghetti today. Tomorrow will be butternut. Can't get enough!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Asparagus
    Green beans
    Spaghetti squash
  • leonamuni
    Options
    Oatmeal for sure, also cucumber, tomato and lentils. Got hungry just thinking about some cucumber tomato salad!
  • WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Beets. Brussels sprouts (my SO laughs at that one). Amaranth with fruit for breakfast.
  • WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Squash. I've always liked it, but in more of a "buy it once a year, make and eat it, then let the leftovers languish in refrigerator hell for two weeks" kind of way. My supermarket had all varities of winter squash on sale for 49c per pound this weekend, so I bought 6. Squashes, not pounds. I had an acorn yesterday, and half of a spaghetti today. Tomorrow will be butternut. Can't get enough!
    I'm with you there. This is my favorite time of year. My pantry is stuffed to the gills. :smiley:
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Bacon wrapped asparagus. Quinoa. Kale wraps. Raw tuna in sushi. Roasted Brussels sprouts with blue cheese and diced apple. Collard greens with butter and hot pepper juice.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, grapes, apples, strawberries, heck, nearly anything healthy at all! lol
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Shirataki Noodles
  • Azamii
    Azamii Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I use to not like apples that much but now they're one of my favorites. I ate one a few minutes ago actually and I'm glad I have them as a snack now.