My butt wont get smaller no matter what I do

Options
Hello
Ok so Im a 25 year old female... My height is 5'6
My weight is 147
I have been active in the gym for over 5 years I enjoy working out and I change my routine alot ( I mix between cardio and strength and TRX)
I work out 4-5 times a week and my job requires me to be active (work at a hospital)

My diet is not that bad I eat home made food almost everyday ... No fried food no processed food and lots of qunioa and vegetables and chicken

Other than water and coffee and smoothies I dont drink anything else (i hate sugary drinks )

Anyhow this is my lifestyle and im dying to get a smaller butt :( it wont get smaller at all
It sticks out of my body i feel i have big watermelons attached to me
I can never wear jeans even leggins i get bigger sizes and they are not comfotbale at tue waist they are wide so they can fit my butt

I love strength training and i squat alot and the increase my weights on a regular basis nothing works

I feel my posture may be the problem but how can i fix it ? Im dying to have it smaller so i can be comfortable in my body and not embaressed by it

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Have you tried caloric deficit? That's the only way to get smaller. You can't choose where it comes from first.

Eating quinoa does not equal losing weight/losing big butt.

What weight are you at now on squats? Also, have you measured your hips?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Have you tried caloric deficit? That's the only way to get smaller. You can't choose where it comes from first.

Eating quinoa does not equal losing weight/losing big butt.

What weight are you at now on squats? Also, have you measured your hips?

This. Also.. squatting =/= butt-fat loss.
  • Ash_danielle
    Ash_danielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'll take some!!! Lol. I wasn't blessed with a butt
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    As I lose weight, I hope I don't lose my butt! I know we're all different though.

What is your calorie goal? Are you still trying to lose? You might just have to lower your calories by a little to get what you're wanting. You can definitely overeat healthy food- I finally learned that recently :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    I have a huge butt. I'm gonna lose 6 more pounds, see if it gets any smaller, then call it quits either way. Maybe recomp at maintenance from there.
  • preppyemo08
    Options
    I know qunioa has nothing to do wih weightloss
    What i meant is i try to eat as healthy as possible with as less processed food as possible i stopped eating white bread and pasta long time ago(and i dont crave it so i dont feel im missing out) i prefer sweet potatos and qunioa and whole wheat/rye bread
    I used to be obese so i really made huge lifestyle changes and im proud and im happy that i have no problem sticking with it .... Other than my butt im happy with my body i gained weight recently but it is muscle weight because i increased the weights i lift
  • arditarose
    Options
    I know qunioa has nothing to do wih weightloss
    What i meant is i try to eat as healthy as possible with as less processed food as possible i stopped eating white bread and pasta long time ago(and i dont crave it so i dont feel im missing out) i prefer sweet potatos and qunioa and whole wheat/rye bread
    I used to be obese so i really made huge lifestyle changes and im proud and im happy that i have no problem sticking with it .... Other than my butt im happy with my body i gained weight recently but it is muscle weight because i increased the weights i lift

Yeah but I'm saying what you eat has nothing to do with it in general. If you're not eating LESS of it, you're not losing weight, your butt isn't getting smaller.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I wonder if people are self conscious of stuff like this like how I am about my chest?
  • arditarose
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I wonder if people are self conscious of stuff like this like how I am about my chest?

Probably why she posted it.
  • preppyemo08
    Options
    I eat around 1700 calories per day (of course some day less some day more ) my appetite is not the same everyday
    I can resist oreos but i limit myself to 2-3 per day
  • arditarose
    Options
    ok.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Could you post pictures? Sometimes things might not be like you think they are.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I don't know. Seems trollish.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I feel my posture may be the problem but how can i fix it ? Im dying to have it smaller so i can be comfortable in my body and not embaressed by it

Are you losing weight?

You mention posture might be a factor. This is usually called Anterior Pelvic Tilt and/or Lordosis. There are stretches and strength training routines designed to fix this. I dont know of any to recommend to you but you should be able to add them to your routine without adding a lot of time and effort.

• krustyoldhag
    krustyoldhag Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift by Beachbody... It's like MAGIC!!!!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    There are women who pay for expensive implants or padding because they envy what you have.

If you're otherwise fit, happy and healthy, then that's just how your body is. Own it, girl.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    well, a big butt beats a big stomach, both looks-wise and health-wise. I'm sure if you lost weight, you would lose some weight in your butt though.
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    I don't see the problem.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I eat around 1700 calories per day (of course some day less some day more ) my appetite is not the same everyday
    I can resist oreos but i limit myself to 2-3 per day

You eat "around" 1700 calories? What techniques are you using to know this for sure? Are you weighting your food in grams, not eyeballing or measuring by cups? The calorie difference will startle you. Start tightening up on your logging, and be patient. If the volume of your butt is indeed fat and not just a big muscley butt, you will lose it as long as you stay at a true deficit. It is impossible to make it smaller if you just naturally have big glutes. How long it takes to lose fat off your butt is entirely dependent on where your body chooses to store fat the longest.