IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME????

Options
jewelzz
jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
About a week or so ago I noticed that the bottom of my toes were peeling.Ive never has this before with working out.I thought maybe its because during the winter I never took off my socks after working out because it was so cold and maybe its from the moisture.Or maybe its atheletes foot.no,not atheletes foot i asked a few people.Today when I finished I took off my shoes and socks right away and it seems worse what the heck is going on.do I have some sort of flesh eating desease or is it just from wet socks?

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Really bad dry skin??
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Do you have the same on the palms of your hands or fingertips?
    Some fungal viral or bacterial infections can cause this, or can be eczema.
    I would suggest having it looked at.
    But a good moisturizer like Lachydren will usually help.
    Don't peel the skin off as the skin underneath will not normally be mature enough and would leave you open to further or potential infection.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    no not on my hands or fingers or any where eles just toes
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Might be a good idea to go see a Dermatologist or just start with your GP for now.
    While I would say that there are some amazing people on here and some of them might have experienced similar symptoms I don't think this is the right forum for something like that. Everyone is different and while i agree that it might be as simple as dry skin as JesaGrace stated it could be something else. I pray it's nothing serious, but you might wanna get to get it checked out.

Take care.
    Martin
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Maybe you had deep blisters you didn't realize were there, and that dead skin is sloughing off now.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's a combination of wet socks and friction from your long runs
  • Sarahdangerfox
    Options
    Try an antifungal cream from the pharmacy, like for athlete's foot. That could definitely be the culprit.
  • wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    Ewww
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I actually had athletes foot a few years back from walking on the carpet in a tanning bed salon barefoot. It wasn't really peeling, it was more like an itchy rash. I would definitely see a dermatologist if it is worrying you.