SOUP FOR LUNCH!!

Options
Every night I think, "You know, I really like soup. I could just eat soup at lunch and be happy." And then when I get to work, I have whatever the special is. I wish I could carry the nights' motivation into the morning. I never think about it until I'm winding down for the day.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    *kitten* son. I had soup for dinner.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My sister actually has a tattoo on her leg of a bowl of soup. It says "Soup for Breakfast"...for some reason I am unsure of.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    *kitten* son. I had soup for dinner.

Me too!
  • red_90
    red_90 Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Made me think of this article from the Daily mash newspaper:

SOUP is continuing to insist it is a main course despite barely functioning as a starter.

The liquid food has rejected calls to accept entrée or drink status because it believes it can make it as a full meal against public opinion.

But diner Wayne Hayes said: “I paid a tenner for that and if anything I’m hungrier.

“Serving it with a chunk of bread and some butter is a giveaway. You wouldn’t catch a proper dinner resorting to that.

“Next it’ll be claiming it’s a dessert too. You wouldn’t get this from a bowl of olives. They know their place.”

Nathan Muir, a French onion and sage soup, said: “I refuse to accept second-class status as sustenance for the ill or elderly.

“I can make it into the big leagues. Look at salad. The whole world treats it like it’s the real deal, even though it’s just a bunch of tasteless leaves.”