Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how often do you update your weight in your heart rate monitor?

I keep forgetting to update mine. I mean I know my burned calories are probably off when I forget to do it, but I am down 27lbs so it doesn't really seem to matter.
I just forgot again and when I fixed it, the difference was 4lbs.
Do you do yours with every pound lost? how often do you update yours?

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Oh my gosh. I didn't even think about updating that. I guess I better start.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    I update at least every 2lbs. If your weight is higher on the monitor than your real weight it is going to tell you that you burned more than you really did.
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    once a week
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    I update at least every 2lbs. If your weight is higher on the monitor than your real weight it is going to tell you that you burned more than you really did.

I know. So far, it hasn't seemed to screw me up. I am down 27lbs in 4 months which seems pretty good to me. I just get a little frustrated when I have a really good calorie burn and then realize my monitor wasn't updated so then I don't know if that really good burn was legit. lol. I need to just start doing it when I weigh in for the week!

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Whenever I remember to update it! Usually is around every couple of weeks, which would be every 2-3 pounds lost. I should get in a better habit of it though.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Haha I totally spaced and just updated mine yesterday and got really depressed at how much lower my calorie burns were! :p
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Lol, I always forget it as well. I gained back a bit of weight and was so frustrated. Only upside was I burned more calories during the next workout,haha
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I try to remember to do it every time I lose 2.2lbs (it only has a setting for kg, so it's approx every time I lose 1kg)
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    I update it at the same time I update on MFP
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    I update at every five pounds. I find I fluctuate quite a bit so I don't see the point of every 2 pounds...I look at it as a reward!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    good reminder - must do this today

I've been doing it every 5 or so to be honest - but only when I remember
  • 412lexiLEX
    412lexiLEX Posts: 276 Member
    Weekly.
  • Trey2k3
    Trey2k3 Posts: 16 Member
    I weight myself once a week(normally on Sundays). I only update my weight once a month since some weeks I don't see results each week. Before my goal was met, I took pictures of myself weekly to see my progression because weight scales don't tell the "entire story".