Jillian Michaels- 30 day shred

Options
I just ordered the DVD today from Amazon because I read some really good posts about it. Will someone please explain the workouts to me? I understand it's everyday for 30 days, but how long do they last? 60 min a day?

Replies

• koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Also, do I need to own free weights?
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    20 minute circuit workouts

3 levels

mat and hand weights needed...love it
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    They only last like 25 min a day including like a 3 min warm up. It's a circuit training DVD that does 3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs. 3 pound weights are a good thing to have. Its a really good workout and will kick you butt for the first couple of days.
  • kristenheet
    kristenheet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, the strength portions require weights, but I started the video before I had weights and I was so out of shape I ached doing it even without the weights! Then I found out small soup cans are each a pound, so I used those until I got my 2 lb weights!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The workouts are 20 minutes plus a warm up and cool down. She does 3 circuits that are 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. Most of the strength moves require hand weights.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    20 minute workouts. Yes, you need free weights. Start with 3 pound or 5 pounds, whatever you're comfortable with. Target and Walmart carries weights.
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Each workout is 25 minutes... and I only need to do one workout a day, right? lol...
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells an inexpensive handweights set with 3 pair of weights. (3, 5 and 8lb).

But you could just fill up a plastic bottle with water or use a soup can if you wanted to use something free you have around the house.

Good luck and stick with it. It really works! :-)
  • Thatonegirlie
    Options
    Hi there,
    It's a good video. Its pretty short, about 25min including warm up and cool down. You do need free weights, 3/5/8/10lbs depending on fitness level. It's jillians signature interval training style, in 3-2-1 format: 3min of strength training, 2min of cardio and 1min of abs. She does each 3-2-1 set twice, and you do about 3 different routines in each level.
    Hope thats helpful, have fun!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Each workout is 25 minutes... and I only need to do one workout a day, right? lol...

It's up to you. I see many people do some cardio along with the Jillian workout. You may want to push yourself more and more each week. Also, I recommend her Yoga Meltdown DVD if you need to day off per week. The program can be hard on the knees.
  • VICKYORTIZ
    VICKYORTIZ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    agree!