College Male Calorie help

Options
I want to gain 2 pounds a week. I am 5 7, 110 pounds and male. I'm 19 years old so I'm underweight.

I lift 3 times a week, 30 minutes cardio 4 times a week, and walk 3 to 4 hours a week.

Since I'm so underweight and want 2 pounds a week, I'm thinking 3000 to 3500 calories a day. Would that yield 2 pounds a week? I do need to gain some fat since I'm underweight.

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Gaining OR losing 2 pounds in a week is a fairly aggressive goal. Is there a particular event you're aiming for?
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Why so much cardio--are you training for an endurance sport? How long have you been lifting? Why such an aggressive goal?
  • jcranston13
    Options
    Being 19, cardio, walking plus what ever activities you have on top of all that, you might need that many. Best bet is to use a calculator to figure out your TDEE and go from there.
    How many calories do you eat now?
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Do the math with a TDEE calculator and don't get bummed if you don't gain that quickly, unless you really want to pig out on some crap (not recommended). You could do the lifter thing and put that flavorless carb powder in your protein shakes maybe.