Leaving old habits behind...

Options
I'm going to be completely honest here. To give you a little background on me...I am currently considered in recovery (6months along) from my Eating Disorder. I have gone from terribly sick to recovered (for 3 years) and back down again. I know what it's like to hate myself, but currently I am trying to love myself and appreciate what my body can do for me when I treat it with respect. I have achieved a healthy weight, but at the cost of any toning or healthy eating habits (I was not allowed to workout for quite some time, and when I finally decided to let my old diet habits go...boy did I let them go). I am by no means saying that I am fat, but rather that I am wanting to teach myself the quality of a good balanced diet and the value of a workout routine that burns calories and tones my body without pushing it past it's breaking point. I have started the healthy eating and have begun doing Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. So far I feel great about all of these positive changes! :) As a model I felt confident and beautiful when people used to comment on how thin I was in my photographs, but now (I took a break from it to focus on my health) I want them to comment on my health and beauty instead of my weight. If you know what it is like to have traveled a path such as mine definitely feel free to friend me. If not, but you would like to offer support, friend me as well. I would love to also be able to give support to others out there with weight loss or, self love/respect, and body improving goals!

Replies

• Adudynski
    Adudynski Posts: 31
    Options
    I am recovered from eating disorders too... I am also wanting to let old habits die. I still struggle sometimes in my mind, but have gained more weight in recovery then I needed to, just to overcome the old habits. I am now learning how to have a healthy relationship with food and exercise... I am so glad to know someone else is going through this also!
  • VickyisaStar
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for sharing that and being honest. You are quite courageous for being so open about it. I think a few of the members here will be inspired by challenges that you've overcome. It must be hard to come from a world where everything is about external beauty where now you're focusing on creating real beauty from the inside. The first step is really admitting that you want this so you're already on the right track.

My only tip is to take the view that this is a new way of living life. It's not just for one day, or one month. It's a cliche but it's the start of the rest of your life. So sometimes if the day isn't working how you'd want it to work, acknowledge it but know that it's just for the day. It's not who you are. It's not permanent so don't beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow will be different because you have the choice to make it different.

Keep going and hope to hear more about your journey.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :smile: