Vegetarians & pcos ?& quest bars !!!

Options
I've been a vegetarian pretty much all my life & I found out a year ago I have pcos so that means I can't eat processed carbs& sugar( ex-oatmeal,cereal,whole wheat) but even tho I eat lots of fruits and vegetables that takes out a lot of what I eat any thoughts ? & is quest bars goods for you ?

Replies

• RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well and I was told to follow the book the G.I. Diet which does allow for cabs to be had but they have to be a certain type. It is a good guide to follow.
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yay <3 where can I get one
  • ashsara6
    ashsara6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too, and became vegetarian 5 months ago.
    Why cant you eat those things? Is it the same for all people with PCOS because I eat those things, nobody told me not to :/ .... Also do you ovulate/menstruate with PCOS, because for 6 years now I'll get my period once a year.. and ever since I became vegetarian I started getting it monthly.
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ashsara6 wrote: »
    I have PCOS too, and became vegetarian 5 months ago.
    Why cant you eat those things? Is it the same for all people with PCOS because I eat those things, nobody told me not to :/ .... Also do you ovulate/menstruate with PCOS, because for 6 years now I'll get my period once a year.. and ever since I became vegetarian I started getting it monthly.

I get them like every 4 months;( I do eat them too(quest bars)it's the only processed food I eat other then that add me as a friend !