WHAT A BAD DAY FOR ME!!!!

Options
OK, I've been doing soooo good, I even lost 3 pounds last week!! Today, I don't know what happened, it's like it all flew out the window!!! I went overboard...WAY overboard!
Now I know that tomorrow I'm gonna do better, I'm going to get back on track, but I just need someone to tell me that it's ok....Remind me that I can do this, and that I don't have to go back to my old way of eating....I just need a little encouragement, PLEASE!!!!!!

Replies

• frazzelmama
    Options
    OK, I've been doing soooo good, I even lost 3 pounds last week!! Today, I don't know what happened, it's like it all flew out the window!!! I went overboard...WAY overboard!
    Now I know that tomorrow I'm gonna do better, I'm going to get back on track, but I just need someone to tell me that it's ok....Remind me that I can do this, and that I don't have to go back to my old way of eating....I just need a little encouragement, PLEASE!!!!!!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Frazzelmama-
    This happens to almost eveyone on this site! It is ok... you can do this! :bigsmile:
  • tamaraperry
    Options
    I just started today but however I have some good words for you. My mother has been working out ALOT and she only lost one pound in a month then she started tracking here and lost 7 pounds last week! Keep it up we are all bound to slip at least one but stay focused and remember why you are doing it in the first place!!! I love to eat and withmy job i find it comforting at times but I have a wedding dress to get in in April for a wonderful man and I am tired of not feeling well. If you need me I am here just holler
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We fall off, we get back on, we fall off, we get back on.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
  • reluctantdaughter
    Options
    Hey, hey. Don't be so mean to yourself. You are doing a great job! It is okay to fall off of the bandwagon, but the important thing is to look at why you did.
    Do you give yourself a "free" day? This would be a day when you allow yourself to eat whatever you want and you don't log it or anything. The good point about this is because when you have your free day set, then you can look forward to it and you are able to make it through the week easier. Example- My free day is on Sunday. So, on Sunday, I don't work out, I eat whatever I want, and I watch what I am eating for the rest of the time. So, when it is Monday and I am really craving french fries, I remember that if I pig out now, I won't be able to on Sunday. It's just an idea, but it makes everything else a little bit better. :smile:
    Also, eat slower. If you eat slower, then you are able to listen to your body tell you when it has had enough. Try drinking more liquids when you eat; that way you are full off of less food, and it isn't as bad. Probably already know that one, but I had to say it.
    Focus on the fact that you have already lost three pounds.
    IT IS OKAY:flowerforyou:
    You are still beautiful.
  • frazzelmama
    Options
    In the past, it's been so easy to screw up, and give up....but I'm not gonna do that this time! I'm really proud of myself for the first time in a long time...I've had a lot of people close to me ask me what my "secret" is...I tell them all about this site, it's made all the difference! p.s. and actually...I've lost 20 altogether!
  • newstart
    Options
    The important factor is not on how many times you fall but on how much stronger you wil be each and everytime you get up and take that step forward...
    Don`t be too hard on yourself and remember that in order to achieve your goals and appreciate them, you have to work for them and accept the facts that roadblocks will happen but are always work through.:flowerforyou: Keep up the good work, you are doing great!
  • oldbag
    oldbag Posts: 13
    Options
    You can do it. The thing to do is not beat yourself up too badly over having a bad day. Especially if you pick up and get right back on track. If we make it like punishment for oursdelves, we won't stick with it. Hang in there.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes, I second what everyone has said. One bad day out of an entire life plan is NOT a big deal. Just focus on right now and beyond. You said you lost 3 lbs last week - that's amazing! Keep up the good work and focus on one moment at a time. We can all do this!
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for the last 3 weeks and last week I had a few bad moments and my treadmill broke down....I have to wait 2 weeks before they come to fix it. I got very discouraged about it today and I too had a bad day. I ate almost 3,000 calories. My mom called me today and told me about this site. I joined immediately. I think that it will be very helpful for me to see my food journal for today and realize it can only get better from here. I am going to forgive and forget. You should too. :smile:
  • Itsindakiss
    Options
    You will get back on track tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • RhondaV
    RhondaV Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! You've lost 20 lbs. in under a month! -- You know what to do -- you'll be OK! I'm jealous of that 20 lbs, as I'm losing about 1 lb per week! Keep up the good work!
  • jill
    jill Posts: 11
    Options
    it's not what you do ONE time that matters, it is what you do MOST of the time, your habits, that make the difference! People who are "naturally thin" sometimes eat bad stuff, they just don't make a habit of it! You are doing great!

Jill
  • frazzelmama
    Options
    No, I haven't lost all twenty just this month...I didn't actually weigh myself when I joined...I just entered the weight I was in September, after I had my daughter...I honestly didn't realize that I had lost that much until a couple weeks ago when I stepped on the scales!! But still, 20 pounds in 4 months is pretty good for me...I'm not interested in losing it fast...I want to be able to keep it off for good!

Thanks for all your comments!!! I really needed the boost!!!!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, it happens to all of us at one time or another. Don't be so hard on yourself, you can do this!:flowerforyou: