Scale Not Moving

Options
This is just a chance to vent. I've been doing this for 3 weeks now. Eating around 1600 per day on weekdays and about 1800 on weekends. Getting exercise 6 days a week. Burning anywhere between 600-1000 per workout. Logging everything. Eating low carb mostly, limiting sugar. The scale is stuck at 145. At the end of every day Fitness Pal says "If every day were like today you'd weigh 132 pounds in 5 weeks!!! This is very frustrating...I truly am recording everything I'm eating and eating clean. Lots of fruit and salads, lean protein. UGH!

Replies

• DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're not getting enough calories to me. Especially if your burning that many per workout. Body might be trying to hold on to everything it currently has due to the low calorie input. Diet seems on track and is close to what Im doing currently on my cut but I'm nowhere close to burning that many calories per workout.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a year and still not lost any weight however I'm down at least one dress size and more firm and muscled than I have been for about 20 years! Forget the scales - I can gain 5lbs overnight literally from weighing myself just before I lie down and then as soon as I get out of bed! (no, it wasn't a fixation just mild curiosity!)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    DONT STOP

Your body is probably going to give you a big loss all at once in thge next couple of weeks. Just do NOT slow down just because you think your effort may be for nothing. It's a mind trick. Ignore it and play through.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How do you keep track of how many calories you eat and burn?
  • QuestEngine
    QuestEngine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't move more than a pound in 5 weeks and it sucks. Especially after losing slightly more than1lb per week for almost 2 months at the beginning. I'm not giving up though. I'm considering this just a test of my resolve, and I figure by not giving up, throwing in the towel and going back to my old habits, I AM winning.

In the past I'd have given up in 2 weeks and gained it all back by now, so I'm happy I'm at least maintaining. I'm pretty sure I'm eating a couple hundred calories per day in bites of this and that, here and there, and I've got to step up my game to become aware of those moments and break that habit.
  • emmakiko
    emmakiko Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If your protein is too high it will convert to glucose. If it's high, lower it and increase your fat (not your carbs) to make up the calorie difference. I find when I make that adjustment it gets the scale moving along again. Also, by "low carb" what do you exactly mean? Low carb is considered under 50g per day. If you are significantly higher than that you are not doing low carb.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    everyone loses fast in the beginning. you cant rely on that pace.
This discussion has been closed.