Macro nutrient Help

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to set my nutrition goals properly so I can maximize my results. I'd like to gain muscle (need sculpted glutes and arms) , but loose about 3-5 inches from my waistline (need abs to show. Goal at least 2 pack). I'm 5'4, 136 lbs, and I'd want to workout between 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I know that the MFP system will automatically calculate this for me, but I just wanted other opinions to ensure I'm on the right track for what I want to reach. Thanks for any help. :smiley::smile:

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    For the best results you should pick one goal hit that then go for the other goal. Personally I prefer to lose weight before gaining muscle because it is a more noticeable difference. To do that I would recommend a calorie goal of 1600 and macros of 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat
  • ahkeeia
    ahkeeia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks sooo very much @Chrisparadise579
  • colleenputnam
    colleenputnam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to understanding macro nutrients but would like to try. I am 5'7" and 144lbs. I eat around 1200-1600 cals but am not loosing weight. I would like to loose inches but gain more lean muscles. I am needing help understanding how many cals I should consume and protein carbs and fats.