Finally, I can introduce myself. Over 100lbs to lose

Hi there,

I joined MFP (again) nearly 3 weeks ago, but due to so issues with their update, I couldn't post any messages......sorted now.

I'm Teresa, 38, from a small village called Greenrigg in Scotland, although I'm originally from Kilmarnock.

I have a 4 yr old Ben and a nearly 2 yr old Sam and I work part time in retail.

I've always struggled with my weight, but after having my boys, i'm at my heaviest ever.

My fiance Stewart is supporting me through this as he has about 3 - 4 stone to lose.

I'm going through the most difficult time of my life, I lost my mum in September to pancreatic cancer, just 6 wks after diagnosis. Devastating as this is, what I wasn't expecting was losing my dad just 17 hrs after her, he had a heart attack, couldn't cope with losing his wife of almost 40 years. I need all the support and encouragement I can get, so I don't comfort eat, which is my usual. My mum asked me to make her a promise before she passed away, to get fit and healthy for her 'golden boys'.

I fully intend to keep that promise.

Teresa xxx

Replies

• geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Welcome to MFP Teresa, sorry to hear about your loss. You can do this, I am nearly in the same boat, 37, close to 100lbs to lose. Feel free to add me... Im usually on daily.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Welcome! That was a good Mum, to make you promise to get healthier.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Welcome! Sorry about your losses.... Feel free to add me:)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Welcome! So sorry to hear about your parents.
    You can do this! I've got 75 more pounds to lose, so feel free to add me! I'm here every single day :)
  • Thanks guys, I need to do this, all friends, support and encouragement welcome x
  • Hi teresa, Very sad to hear about your mum and dad.

Ive lost 18-20 lbs since september and still have 100lbs to go, so will be on a long journey myself . Not posted before either but inspired by you to get more community minded.

Keep trucking doll

P.s Im from the east coast :-)
  • Sorry about your losses. Your need to make your motivation your kids and fiancé and most importantly, YOU!! I started at 310 pounds and am currently at 270. I belong to a weight loss support group called TOPS. We have weekly meetings and share our ups and downs. If you can find a group like this or someone with your same goals, you can lose the weight you need to. I wish you all the luck in the world on your new adventure and healthy lifestyle.
  • Thanks guys, I weighed myself this morning, mid week check to make sure i'm on track and i can now officially say i have less than 100 lbs to lose, slowly but surely i will get there xx
  • That's awesome, Teresa! I have a long way to go until I can say that. Still, each pound is progress!!!