80lbs+ Lost, More To Go...

Options
Hey there! I'm not exactly new here (I joined two years ago! Eek!) but I am new to actually taking advantage of the site. About two and a half years ago I weighed over 235lbs and had lost about 65lbs by the time I joined MFP about a half year after starting my journey. I have since lost 16lbs more and have hit a horrible wall. I have been the 159lbs since the beginning of the year and it never changes! I have decided I need to work hard to push past those final numbers and make it to my goal-140lbs. I decided to return to MFP and find some support in others with similar goals. :) So helllo everyone! Let's be friends. :D

Replies

• jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job so far. I'm also stuck just short of my goal but I'm not going to berate myself over it. As long as I stick to what I've done so far (60 lbs. lost) I will reach my goal. Be proud of what you have already accomplished. Add this old man if you wish.
  • mindybachitt
    Options
    good for you!!! i am on the same journey, i've lost 111 pounds, and am struggling to get to 140 myself! it's coming off so much more slowly now. it can be discouraging, but we have to stick with it. and yes, you can add me too if you want! good luck!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of my accomplishments! It helps to know that I lost the beginning of the weight because that means it isn't impossible! Thanks everyone and I will def be adding :)
  • DocSimonson
    DocSimonson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There is no reason you can't accomplish your goal. You've done an amazing job so far. Keep working out, and keep track of your calories. No cheating! I didn't count 3 ginger snaps from last night I am still deeply remorseful over that! :wink:
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    Options
    Mmm, ginger snaps. A weakness from my childhood. Haha! I've been trying not to cheat, I can do it! We all can!!!
  • GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Can you find another way to get that ginger snap flavor? Maybe substitute stevia for sugar, and applesauce for oil? Make a big batch and freeze some for later.
    I find these stories of 100+ pounds lost simply amazing!! Thank God for MFP!!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    Options
    Can you find another way to get that ginger snap flavor? Maybe substitute stevia for sugar, and applesauce for oil? Make a big batch and freeze some for later.
    I find these stories of 100+ pounds lost simply amazing!! Thank God for MFP!!

I think it was more of the experience of Ginger Snaps when I was little that gets me!

And I love reading peoples experiences of losing so much weight. It's inspiring!
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me