How do you stop cravings? Please help.

Options
2»

Replies

• bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    My craving eased greatly when I changed up the amount of protein and carbs I eat. I go for under 100 carbs and over 120 protein. The protein takes longer for your body to process and the carbs burn fast so your body wants more.

^Agree with this 100%
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    There is no "bad" food. Try pre-logging your day, to include a treat or two. I haven't given up anything, therefore I haven't had to "crave" anything.

^ This is what I do. I loooove pre-logging my day so I can plan in treats.
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is too much info, but I know I most vulnerable during that time of the month. I always want something sweet or salty that's not good for me! I budget the calories to have an unhealthy snack of my choice. This way I haven't sabotaged myself.

I agree with others who have posted. The minute you start depriving yourself, that's when you're going to binge. I'm not saying eat a container of cookies everyday just because you can fit it into your caloric allotment. BUT, don't cut yourself off from everything you enjoy eating because you will surely fail. Try to make responsible, healthy choices. But if you have a cookie or two here and there, you're going to be just fine.

Good luck to you on your journey!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    There is no "bad" food. Try pre-logging your day, to include a treat or two. I haven't given up anything, therefore I haven't had to "crave" anything.

Yep. I had some fun dip candy the other day. And a few mini kit-kats yesterday. I still eat ice cream and pizza and anything else I want. I just don't eat as much of it as I used to. And I weigh and measure everything to make sure I'm within my calorie goal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat a little bit of whatever you're craving. Depriving yourself of those things leads to binging and overeating.
    THIS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I just don't buy that stuff. I also don't binge on it because it isn't here to binge on, so I know, at least for me, that it is possible to omit certain foods and not end up binging.

It took me a couple months to settle I to all healthy, all the time. I thought I was good and then about six weeks in, I caved and had a burger. I felt so icky afterwards that it all go much easier. But it takes a long time to make it a habit and not just something you do. That's why a lot of people suggest easing into healthy eating by adding healthier items every few weeks. It's a big adjustment!! And not easy!

But your issue seems to be more of eating at night and less of the kind of food. A lot of people complain about the Eating At Night cravings. So many people complain about it that I wonder if it isn't physical instead of mental.

Have you tried eating foods that are really filling at dinner? Like protein, fiber and maybe some fat? Maybe that would help?

Also try berries. You can chow down on strawberries, satisfy the sweet tooth, and fill yourself up for very few calories.

Best of luck. :)