Not Doing Too Good This Week. :(

Options
I'm letting myself down.
And feeling awful.
Haven't seen the scale move AT ALL this week, except the normal up and downs that happen daily.
If anything, I've been working HARDER this week than last.
Just looking for some support, please. :(

Replies

• muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'll be your support hon! Try not to be discouraged :) How's your nutrition and exercise?
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Dont feel bad, I worked out six days last week and was consistently was under cal and when I weighed in this morning . . Big 0. I was frustrated and annoyed, but it seems common especially when youre fairly new. Im just gonna keep working cause if I do theres no where else for that scale to go but down. Dont be discouraged, keep it up!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The scale has steady been dropping since I started. I've already lost 14 pounds. But now it's just STUCK.
    No matter what I do. :(
    Thinking about zig-zagging calories.
  • muriah2
    Options
    What are your calories at on average?
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing and this plateau will pass. And try to avoid the daily weigh in - it rarely makes us feel good! Be proud of the success you've had and keep on going! You'll be great!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My daily calories are low.
    Typically between 700-1000.
  • lizleigh
    lizleigh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's probably why the scale isn't moving-your calories are too low. You should try eating 1200 calories for a couple of days. Or whatever is the lowest number for you to lose 1 lb/week. You can do it!
  • halibutthead
    Options
    Hang in there and don't give up!! I've been stuck at a plateau myself. Change your exercise routine and be sure to do some form of cardio every other day or so. Good Luck!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    My daily calories are low.
    Typically between 700-1000.

Is that net calories? Oh hun you should have at least 1200! I know I haven't been netting that much, not only is it stuck, but its going up because of that! Try eating more, at least 1200 net!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    You need to eat more!!
  • muriah2
    Options
    Yes you should be eating more. What does MFP reccomend for you to lose 1-1.5lbs per week?
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've been at a plateau for FOREVER! But you can look at it this way, at least you're not gaining weight, and at least you're actually up and moving!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You will slow your metabolism down and burn muscle instead of fat. Your body needs fuel. Please eat your calories. I up mine to 1480 and I am losing more. I always eat my exercise calories.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Baby Hush!! I know it's hard for you to eat those calories... I used to net so low also. And that is where plateau's come in. I started eating way more and my loss has picked back up. Just keep trying. It gets easier the longer you go. :)
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hey gorgeous,

Sounds like what's happening to you is what's happening to me. I've lose 18 pounds fast with the increase in cardio and weight training and keeping low in my calories (no on purpose, just being so busy and not really hungry). I did Bod-Pod measurement (before/after) and although it confirmed that I lost a good amount of weight, my body fa percentage didn't go down. Instead, I was burning more muscle than fat. :( So, I met with a nutritionist at my gym (who's also a certified personal trainer and a champion runner...super cool girl). Her analysis of my Bod-Pod measurements indicated that I was over-training and UNDER consuming. Yeah, it was great to see that I'm losing weight, but I need that body fat percentage to drop significantly for health reasons. I'll be starting a stricter nutritional program starting next week. I was going to do weight watchers again, but since my gym has this new program and the girl in charge has been helping me get settled in the gym over the last year, I feel more confident in the new program (which says a LOT, esp since the one time I did WW, it worked wonders!)

You've GOTTA make sure you're getting the amount of cals your body needs, based on your resting metabolic rate. Otherwise, you won't continue to get those results you're busting your butt to get. You gotta eat, girl! Clean calories to give your body the fuel you need! I'll be happy to share all that learn in my new program with you as I learn it.

Cheer up!! :o)