Snack Ideas?

Options
Hi, guys. I seriously need some healthy snack ideas for between meals. Not very high on calories, portable for at the office and healthier as much as possible. I have tried with apple, but it doesn't satisfy me much, I only feel hungrier after that. Any ideas? What's your favourite?

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, cheese sticks, Quest bars....my go to's!
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    pineapple? grapefruit? mango? there are a lot of things.
  • reba020
    reba020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Steamed whole green beans w/ cajun seasoning
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just bought some celery, carrots, applesauce and bananas. I also have some walnuts and prunes.
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Lentil crisps, available at walmart. Sounds gross, tastes delicious. Fills a snacky-potato-chippy craving.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Any raw vegetable + Greek yoghurt/mustard/sririacha/hommus/tzatziki to dip

Kimchi. For real. I don't know why more people don't go for this. Super low calorie, tasty, and really really good for you

Cheese sticks

Home made spinach or kale chips

Beef jerky

Crab sticks
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Small amounts of protein, either a half cup of nonfat Greek yogurt or nonfat cottage cheese. A hard boiled egg is good, too.

Carbs tend to make me hungrier, even those air-puffed rice cakes. A microwaved sweet potato doe not seem to make me hungrier.
  • jusayange
    jusayange Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bananas
    Avocado
    hard boiled egg
    veggie chips

As long as you're within your macros
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    apple and organic peanut butter
    granola with milk/yogurt
    hummus and veggies
    granola bars
    apple with goat cheese and pecans with balsamic vinegar drizzled over top
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Greek nonfat yogurt. I like Dannon Oiko's Greek nonfat yogurt with fruit on the bottom and add a little organic dried fruit and nuts granola. Apples are too high in sugar for me as well as a lot of other fruits but not enough fiber to keep you full for long but you can try apple with peanut butter to make it a little more filling. Turkey slices or steamed shrimp with a little Cajun seasoning that I keep in the mini-fridge at work.
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pineapple. Man is that stuff tasty!
  • angelchic128
    Options
    i like weight watchers cheese sticks, turkey pepperoni, apple, banana, popcorn with oldbay seasoning, almonds etc
  • Ciara108
    Ciara108 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i like weight watchers cheese sticks, turkey pepperoni, apple, banana, popcorn with oldbay seasoning, almonds etc

Is it weird that I've never had cheese sticks lol?
    Do you know the calorie amount in the weight watchers ones, I might actually try them?
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Chips (fits my macros any day and crunch factor)
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    String cheese usually has 80 calories a stick. I take those when I'm doing a long cleaning job... keep them in my totally-hip fanny pack :)

Imitation crab sticks, about 30 calories a stick.. depends on brand.

Pickled boiled eggs.. finish off the dill pickles, peel your boiled eggs and drop them in there. They last a very long time... the longer they're in there the more pickled they taste :) They never make it past a month at my house though.. much coveted snack among my kids/husband.

Seaweed wraps or seaweed chips :) Depends on your taste.. I wasn't sure about them at first but the taste grew on me. Now they make them in different flavors because they are such a great chip-substitute. You can take your time eating them because they are so thin. I see them on amazon for about $1.30 a bag. There are 5 sheets and 20 calories a sheet.. so 100 for the bag.

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    As we speak (or write:-)), I'm eating a cup of Fage 2% Plain Greek yogurt, cinnamon, 1 tblsp. honey and 8g walnuts for 280 calories. It is so delicious and satisfying and very healthy!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I've never had cheese sticks lol?
    Do you know the calorie amount in the weight watchers ones, I might actually try them?
    The weight watcher cheese sticks have 50 calories per serving (which is 24g, a little less than an ounce)
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh I literally snack all day long! Here are my favs:

- Marble cheese string, 60 cals
    - Grape tomatoes or carrot sticks with light hummus
    - Veggie Thins with light hummus
    - Pepperidge Farm goldfish, 90 cals for 37
    - Pepperidge Farm sweet crisps (Cinnamon is my fav), 90 cals for 20
    - Special K cracker chips, 80 cals for 18
    - Pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
    - Jello pudding, 60 cals
    - Vanilla or Key Lime greek yogurt, 80-100 cals
    - Kashi bars, 140 cals
    - Quest bars (I often have these for breakfast, though)
    - A handful of almonds

Hope that helps (:
  • archiebrowns
    Options
    Try keeping a tub of Goji Berries next to your desk, they're tasty to eat by the handful, and loaded with antioxidants and phytonutrients, low in calories as well as being high in water content and fibre which can help you to feel fuller for longer.
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just had come celery sticks with PB...YUMMY!!!