Back, back again! 17 month Update!

Options
So.....I'm back. I was posting every month in my first year of this journey. I opted to hold off for a bit because my body no longer physically showed improvement, so it was a little pointless. I have been at a few days shy of 17 months. Physically from day 1 , I am ALOT smaller. All of my weight lost (about 50 lbs) was in the first 4 months of this journey. I have lost and gained the same 4-5 lbs for the last 13 months.

I have consistently been working out, eating healthy on days, eating crappy on others. I started running after a year of working out and finished C25k, C210K and now trying to begin my Marathon Training program(signed up for a marathon in 2015).

I have lowered my blood pressure from practically heart attack status to just high status. My resting heart rate used to be in the hundreds and now it sits about 80 bpm. My diagnosed fatty liver is now non-existent.

My anemia has subsided. I have energy again. I can think. I can remember now. I'm not so sad all the time. I'm not going to lie, I have felt defeated when not losing weight, but I have kept going. I look back and im a completely different person.

I am now narrowing down on the reasons why I probably have not lost weight. I am now attempting to get off certain meds that contain chemicals that love to hold on to fat. All this time and I didn't even think about that and how it may have contributed to me not losing.

I am not done, have far to go, but I will get there! For those beginning, don't stop. Don't compare your loss to others. Reevaluate often. Weigh your food. Learn portion control. Log consistently. Move. Drink water! Take pictures often. Don't weigh everyday. Your body will do crazy things and it will drive you CRAZY. Finally, the most important part of this journey is your health. Everything else will follow.

Sorry for the crappy quality on the second. Its hard to take a full body selfie, especially in the mirror . So much lighting in my bathroom. You get the idea though..lol..

2qstz.jpg

Replies

• ecclesse
    ecclesse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress and for keeping your head in the game. I have had a lot of the same struggles. You learn from the past and take what you have learned and move forward. Good Luck.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You are definitely right about that!! :)
  • Bekkah5215
    Options
    Nice work... you look amazing! :)
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Thank you..came a long way but still have far to climb :)
  • ItsRJTV
    ItsRJTV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • ItsRJTV
    ItsRJTV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the double post. How do you get 2 pics in 1 photo like that. I'd like to post a before and after in my own thread.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    lol..
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I have 15 more pounds to go to get to goal (that will make 85 pounds total) and the losing is going unbelievably slow now. Keep on doing what you're doing - you've accomplished so many positive things! Don't you feel great about that?
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Thank you. Yes you are right and yes I feel great about that. I just dont want to be over 200 lbs all my life...I dont have a set weight just want to be healthy and under 200 lbs which is attainable for my 5'5 frame. Great job!! 85 lbs is AMAZING~~
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job and you are a lot smaller. It is smart to maintain like you have and let your body reset and lose more later if you are ready. I have read a researcher's opinion that people should maintain for a while after dieting for six months because will power burns out and the body resists losing until it resets -- which takes time So you may be on to something!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow needed to read this I haven't stopped tracking but the "plateau" of months is driving me nuts too- months and months- massive stress and lack sleep contributing I think- you kept it going despite the stall in wt loss- you definitely look so healthy- you get there-I will too just not as fast as others I guess- be proud! You've done great work
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    You've done a great job and you are a lot smaller. It is smart to maintain like you have and let your body reset and lose more later if you are ready. I have read a researcher's opinion that people should maintain for a while after dieting for six months because will power burns out and the body resists losing until it resets -- which takes time So you may be on to something!
    Thank you. You are definitely right though, the body does burn out at some point. I am happy I havent gained it all back, it def. could be worse. Thanks for letting me see it in another view point :)

• Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Heirgreat wrote: »
    Wow needed to read this I haven't stopped tracking but the "plateau" of months is driving me nuts too- months and months- massive stress and lack sleep contributing I think- you kept it going despite the stall in wt loss- you definitely look so healthy- you get there-I will too just not as fast as others I guess- be proud! You've done great work

Thank you. Just keep going. At some point I had to look at my overall health vs the scale. I went from running 30 secs to being able to run 6.25 miles, so my body is definitely doing something right! Dont give up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!