headaches?

Options
I very rarely get headaches and since i been diet and exercising I have bee getting more and more headaches? Is anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Have you drastically cut sugar or caffeine? Both can cause headaches while your body gets used to the reduction. I know caffeine withdrawal headaches can be brutal. If you're exercising more be sure you hydrate enough - dehydration can cause headaches too.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too little.

What are your stats (age/height/weight/goal) and what's your daily calorie intake?
  • kimberlyudovich
    kimberlyudovich Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    well from halloween to like nov 3 i would munch on kids candy. but i haven't really been eating a lot of sugar and with the caffiene I don't really drink pop or anything
  • kimberlyudovich
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    You're probably eating too little.

What are your stats (age/height/weight/goal) and what's your daily calorie intake?

it says 1850 goal and i weigh 283 lbs i'm 5 foot 6 inches and i'm 27
  • segacs
    Options
    Assuming you're eating around 1850 net (and eating back exercise calories on top of that), it's probably not that, then.

...Are you eating back exercise calories?

My initial thought was too few calories, because headaches can be associated with hunger pangs. How long have you been at it?

Other than that, I'd say see a doctor. 'Cause it could be a lot of things, and this forum isn't really the best place to diagnose stuff.
  • christinalacy562
    Options
    I get headaches and notice when I drink more water and exercise I get headaches also.... Just start out slow don't over do it, your body will get used to it. Walgreens brand Midol is the only thing that helps my headaches even if its not that time of the month. Hope this helps.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Is there anything in particular you added or removed from your diet since starting?
  • kimberlyudovich
    Options
    this is my 2nd day logging but I haven't even gotten to my goal weight cuz i'm just not hungry. So I'm not starving myself.
  • kimberlyudovich
    Options
    Is there anything in particular you added or removed from your diet since starting?

not that I can think of really
  • segacs
    Options
    Was your diary yesterday accurate? 'Cause it says your goal was over 3000 calories with exercise (which seems like a lot) and it also says you only ate 1200 calories, all of which was fast food (McDonald's, KFC and Dr Pepper) -- if all this is true, I think I've found the source of the problem.

Eat your calorie goals each day, and choose healthy foods that help you get your nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Drink lots of water. And try to log exercise accurately.
  • kimberlyudovich
    Options
    ok so I guess i'm confusing myself....If my daily calorie intake is 1850 to start the day, then I excercise I get more calorie intake for the day? I was under the impression that the 1850 is what I had to work with for the day and that it did not change at all.
  • segacs
    Options
    Your 1850 is "net" calories, so that's what you would eat if you did no other exercise that day (other than usual activity level from your daily activities).

If you work out, log your exercise, and then eat back the calories you burned. (Some people feel MFP overestimates calories burned for exercise, so you may want to experiment with eating back, say, 75% of the calories you burn).

Anything else is likely way too little food to fuel your body, especially if you're working out a lot. It could account for the headaches -- that's your body saying "I'm hungry!"
  • kimberlyudovich
    Options
    oh ok that helps a lot thanks tons everyone
  • segacs
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Read the info in this post if you're just getting started. It offers a great primer:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    I have an extensive history with migraines but when I cut back on my sugar/carbs I suffer badly.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Eh, it could from anything. Even the darn weather. I got migraines last year that were so bad I had to leave work, in tears. They went away. Still have no idea what caused them.
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I get migraines and the temps going up and down are sending me to the medicine cabineg daily. It usually levels out when the te.p swings aren't so drastic. Feel better soon.
  • flab2steel
    flab2steel Posts: 48
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I get headaches when I start working out again. I know for me it's because I'm not drinking enough water and I'm dehydrated.
  • djhnd
    djhnd Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    eating less of junk food is better than eating more of it but not as good as veggies, fruits, grains, beans, nuts, dairy, lean meats, etc. You might want to go to the library and see if you can find a book on basic healthy diet. It doesn't come in a box or a bag, you have to learn to shop and make it for yourself. There's a real learning curve there, but if you do it, you'll rid yourself of many more health problems than just headaches.

Good luck and keep up the great effort!
  • amoreamore
    amoreamore Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for you, but I personally get headaches and mood swings with any drastic change in my diet. Almost as if my body is having trouble adjusting, or getting used to living without the junk/carbs/dairy etc.

Sometimes if I fast for a day it helps. It's very uncomfortable, I'm not gonna lie. But I remind myself that lots of people have gone a lot longer without food and been fine. Then once I'm done fasting and return to my low-cal diet, it's easier to stick to because I experienced far stronger hunger pains during the fast.

Just try not to binge the day after!