Bad new habits

Options
Annababy124
Annababy124 Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
So I joined MFP last year (a senior in high school) and I was about 114 pounds. I already had really good eating habits, but I started getting more active and tracking calories on this app and I lost a pound a week until I was at my goal weight. I kept around this goal weight all summer, until I started college. I steadily gained 15 pounds my freshman year. I have finally plateaued around 118 pounds, but now I can't seem to lose the weight Ive gained. I've also gained some awful eating habits: I seem to only eat for pleasure now and I can't keep a diet for more than a few days. My worst habit is late night snacking: I'm great all day until 9 o'clock. Any advice helps! I really want to get back to my old weight and eating habits. Thanks!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    okay
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try and eat more before 9 maybe you're being a little tooo good during the day & then your just really hungry at night..you're at a very thin and healthy weight so you're doinn something right
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Have you grown taller since high school? How tall are you?
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Try and eat more before 9 maybe you're being a little tooo good during the day & then your just really hungry at night..
    she can eat as late as she wants...why don't you understand that.

There is nothing wrong with the suggestion to eat more before nine.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    funchords wrote: »
    Try and eat more before 9 maybe you're being a little tooo good during the day & then your just really hungry at night..

there's also nothing wrong with eating right before you go to bed, either.

True that.

Also, I don't understand what the problem is. You know how to use MFP so you know how to lose 4 pounds.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Eat the same things you eat now and just eat less of it.

It's all about eating fewer calories than your maintenance.
    arditarose wrote: »

True that.

Also, I don't understand what the problem is. You know how to use MFP so you know how to lose 4 pounds.

ikr? unless she relied on exercise to lose weight, but then again i'm not sure how that changes things.
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I smell a Annatroll.
  • teswanso
    Options
    I can relate. I used to be way more self disciplined; loved the way my clothes fit and the insane amount of energy I had. Then I started listening to people who said I should lighten up and that I was too thin. I let my habits slip. Now, I don't like where I've slipped and I want to buckle down again, but I seem to have misplaced my self discipline and motivation! Logging ruthlessly is helping me get back on track, as well as surfing the message boards daily.
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Her problem isn't eating before bed, it's overeating before bed. The poster's recommendation was eat more earlier so you don't over eat. It's about managing your hunger effectively so you don't overeat (at any time) not eating at specific times.