Would you happen to be Scottish?

Options
Wynnie
Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
I have been so mega stressed the last few years and haven't been able to take a vacation. But I have now signed up to go to Scotland for a week next summer.

Ooh - I wonder if haggas (sp?) is in the food database.

If you're from Scotland, give me a shoutout and tell me what to absolutely not miss! And what is your favorite healthy food for when I try the local fare.

I'm so excited - I told a Scot I met here that I thought Scotland was so beautiful it must be where God goes for vacation. Without missing a beat he said "just be sure to go the same time He does, becasue that's the only 2 weeks the sun shines!" LOL!!!

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have been so mega stressed the last few years and haven't been able to take a vacation. But I have now signed up to go to Scotland for a week next summer.

Ooh - I wonder if haggas (sp?) is in the food database.

If you're from Scotland, give me a shoutout and tell me what to absolutely not miss! And what is your favorite healthy food for when I try the local fare.

I'm so excited - I told a Scot I met here that I thought Scotland was so beautiful it must be where God goes for vacation. Without missing a beat he said "just be sure to go the same time He does, becasue that's the only 2 weeks the sun shines!" LOL!!!
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am originally from England and have been to Scotland MANY times and love it...I'd be happy to share with you.

Jane
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm done the bottom of the map - Brighton.
    I've got brothers that live near you - up in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
    Jackie :flowerforyou:
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Haggis is in the database, but if you want to eat it, you are better off NOT knowing what is in it. :noway:

Never been to Scotland but my father was born there. Someday.

item_655.jpg
  • 11mike
    11mike Posts: 159
    Options
    Yes
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    No.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I play soccer with a guy from Scotland. He says Haggis is awful. Stay away from it. Have fun.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm English, but the Caledonian Canal is probably my favourite countryside in the whole world. (well I haven't seen the whole world, but out of all the places I've visited it is). The Brecon Beacons in Wales is my 2nd favourite.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in Glasgow, beautiful place, people are mental.... the only thing is it rains constatly so take a raincoat haha
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    Single malt is low carb and therefore healthy in my book. Even if it weren't low carb, life always looks a lil' better through the bottom of a glass of The Glenlivet. Just saying.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Back packed all over Scotland for 3 mos when I graduated college. Dad went to see relatives and a buddie and I decided to explore ( my dad is Scottish, first generation in the US)

Fabulous place with some of the nicest people on the planet. I had folks that I never met before offer me and my friend a meal, and or a drink to get warm I have stayed in touch with some of them for 20 years, and had a few stay with my family when they came to the states.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm not Scottish, (English) but you need to try deep fried mars bars. The absolute opposite of healthy haha. Stovies is nice and probably quite nice.
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    I'm told I have a wee bit of Scots in me DNA. :)
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My Great Grandfather was from Clydebank.