Paleo diet

Options
I've been following the Paleo Diet with the help of a few books and blogs. One blog in particular that I follow is https://www.facebook.com/paleophreak. My question is regarding breakfast. I feel as though my lunches, dinners, and snacks are relatively clean but I really struggle with quick and easy breakfast ideas. I notice that this blogger has a few muffin/pumpkin/casserole recipes. However, these are a little time consuming to make. How many days a week would one recommend eating eggs? Thats one of those quick staples that I can whip up.

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 eggs every morning. feel free to eat all the eggs
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you should send the women and children to gather berries
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    "Clean" and "moderation" are words that mean nothing around here because everyone uses them differently. You need to give your explicit definition of "clean" - list all the foods you can eat - and then people can help you come up with breakfast ideas.

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Planning is key with Paleo. I would make egg cups and your favorite veggie for the week so you can just grab and go. Or maybe a piece of fruit to go with the eggs. What about leftovers from dinner? Steak? Chicken? You could also make those muffins you mention the night before.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    How are you verifying the eggs to be free of antibiotics and other hormones?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every day. I make a batch of scrambled egg muffins every Sunday for my husband to take to work with him for breakfast, takes maybe 30 minutes to make (20 of those minutes spent baking).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs almost every morning--usually 6 of 7 days.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    The fastest eggs you'll ever make require only a microwave and a coffee cup:
    http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2014/08/5-ways-to-make-egg-in-a-mug-in-90-seconds.html

(Also, the key to time-saving cooking is doing everything in bulk, freezing in individual containers, and then thawing as needed. I would do this with eggs, though.)
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    I eat 2-3 eggs every morning. feel free to eat all the eggs

This. I eat eggs every. single. day.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I even add eggs to my smoothie. Always make sure you have some sort of protein in the morning and then it will last you until lunchtime. Left overs are always good.

There is a Primal/Paleo Support Group on this site and the people there will help you.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups
  • PowerAJS
    PowerAJS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many full nests you can find.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2014/08/5-ways-to-make-egg-in-a-mug-in-90-seconds.html

(Also, the key to time-saving cooking is doing everything in bulk, freezing in individual containers, and then thawing as needed. I would do this with eggs, though.)

Nothing says paleolithic diet like the microwave
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    OMG drmerc, I just had a look at your profile. Did you really eat all of that burger? It is as big as your head and the plate of chip is enormous. Wow that is a lot of food. Just out of interest, do you still eat that amount now as you don't look overweight? (Sorry off topic - just curious :) )

I don't fuss too much about what cavemen ate, I just eat as close to nature as I can in our modern world.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

And freezing in bulk

• estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you should send the women and children to gather berries
    :#
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    I'm sensitive about the size of my head, you don't need to point out how big it is :'(

I actually thought you have "a very nice head" (said in a motherly way) it is the burger that is enormous!! lol
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i eat 5 half boiled eggs with 3 tablespoons of butter every morning simply because i love eggs, it tastes great, it's nutritious and i am a lazy sod that can't be bothered to scramble them or cook anything else for that matter. BUT i have also restricted my carbs to below 10gms per day, strictly from veggies.

in 3 months, my elevated cholesterol levels dropped 25% to within normal range. My HDL is up (which is good) and Trigs are down (which is great). I am also a Type 2 diabetic. My A1C blood sugar dropped precipitously close to normal levels and are extremely well controlled now without any medication.

my young cardiologist who was skeptical at the initial stage has himself decided to try changing his eating habits after reviewing my blood results.

my opinion, eggs are good for you, in moderation daily if you eat carbs or in increased amounts if you restrict carbs.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

OMG THAT GUY ISN'T PALEO HE USED A FORK AND THEY WEREN'T INVENTED YET LOL!!1!

Yes, yes, very clever observation. (Also, I'm not paleo; just trying to help out the OP with easy solutions.)