Motivation and Accountability Friends!

Options
Hey all,
Looking for motivational and accountability friends. I'm a grad student in the last year of my Master's, and I really want to look good for graduation! I have a lot to lose, I hit 240 recently after being above 200 for the past four years. Before that I was always around 160, and played sports. I want to be around 140. My new goal is to start doing triathlons! I was a varsity swimmer, and I love to bike, and I can tolerate running haha. By next June I want to do a sprint triathlon.

My friends are all skinny but supportive, but I need some friends who know what I am going through. Thanks!

Replies

• summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just completed my Master's so understand the stress you are under. My initial goal is to reach 130. Currently averaging 170. I log in nearly daily and have made some wonderful friends here that are super motivating! We can do this!
  • kelseyjayep
    kelseyjayep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ! I'm just finishing up school too and I know the challenges that can bring on !
  • RTrigger91
    RTrigger91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me, Im in the middle of uni and feel your pain, with a full time, job studding and trying not to tip the scales at 230 its a tough job but we can help each other trough!
  • harrigke
    harrigke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, have to break the habit of late-night study snacks!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Add me! With school and studying I know the struggle of trying to lose the extra weight!
  • webtracer
    webtracer Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like ... I have my masters, also have triathlon as a goal in life ...
  • beakers33
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just started on this again. I finished my Masters about 4 years ago in December, but I still remember the stress and wanting to look good when you graduate. I actually made it close to my goal by the time I graduated, but I gained it all back. Would love to have someone who is encouraging as well. I will send a friend request :-)
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I am just starting back up, on week 4 of working out again. You can add me! Good luck.
  • BabyfaceFaison
    Options
    Weightloss is a journey and we can motivate each other :) Looking for accountabilty friends as well. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • harrigke
    Options
    Not sure if you posted on the right thread Callie, I didn't friend you. If you did choose the right thread, kind of full of yourself to be making unsolicited demands. To the rest of you, thanks for your positive responses! Glad we are already helping each other out! :)
  • Christyhodson
    Christyhodson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love the support on here that total strangers give each other when friends can't! I'll be adding some of you too if you don't mind.. the more the merrier!!
  • urpalmaryann00
    urpalmaryann00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally understand and have a lot more to lose. I am in my third year of a four-year master's program :(...I want to be down this summer for my practicum, and want it OFF by the time I graduate. The stress-eating has me stressed,lol....lets support one another! best wishes!
  • katieq815
    Options
    Hi im back on this app againbut am new to the site and I need a buddy to keep me in check! Last time I lost12 pounds but I wanna lose about 50! I also want to help other people. im a student with a job and try workout everyday but its hard. I just think it would be easier with a friend so please add me people and help me reach my targit and let me help u meet yours
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Love giving & receiving support!
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (OP and all). I love giving and receiving support.
  • AJT1695
    AJT1695 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs since I got my Ph.D. three years ago. I'm trying to loose the pounds for good this time and looking for friends. I hope you all do not mind if I add you.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I log daily and love to give and get support. I'm currently a pre-medical student finishing up my undergrad work so I know how hard it can be to track your nutrition and get exercise in. Feel free to add me.
  • harrigke
    Options
    Callie516 wrote: »
    harrigke wrote: »
    Not sure if you posted on the right thread Callie, I didn't friend you. If you did choose the right thread, kind of full of yourself to be making unsolicited demands. To the rest of you, thanks for your positive responses! Glad we are already helping each other out! :)

Sweetheart, It seems as though you're the only who is full of them self. I made a post on A THREAD..... It wasn't intended towards you at all. Besides, I didn't know whoever started a thread owned it. I was simply putting myself out there for friends. "unsolicited demands" LOL... NO, but yes I do have some requests, being that I am very dedicated to this and I take it seriously. Now if you still don't understand that than I'm sorry. :)

I was more replying to your negative tone right off the bat. Someone who needs to tell people they may get deleted before friending them on a diet forum is taking things pretty far, "sweetheart". But I hope you found some good friends who won't disappoint you from this thread. Good luck!
  • tjario
    Options
    I'm interested. Looking for others with similar goals as I've challenged myself to a 100 day weight lose programme