when using heels gets better?

karyabc
karyabc Posts: 830 Member
hi ladys :) (*) ! i didn't exactly know where to post this, so i did it here. and this is about heels! yeapp im a shoe lover, but is being a while since i've being able to put some heels on me cause it hurts and becomes really uncomfortable, and because tomorrow is my birthday and im going out, i was trying some shoes that are in my closet and was like yeahhh but noo, my feets still can't handle them!.

have you experience any change in your weight loss and using heels ?

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Once I understood what damage wearing heels (at least, more than maybe 1") does to the body, I haven't worn them since, no matter what weight I'm at.
    It messes up the feet, knees, hips, lower back, balance.
    That's in addition to what you've already learned, which is that they're painful.
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    I been wearing heels for over 10 years, 3 to.5 inches. All it does for me is tone my lower legs. However I have no medical problems at all.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    I do love my high heels. Sometimes I think I have "Barbie Feet" from wearing them so frequently. Even my "flats" are more of a 1"-1.5" wedge.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you, got heavy, they started hurting, now I'm wondering if/when I can wear them again, because they are brutal!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    eh, I lost weight. I wore some extremely moderate heels on Friday and I was still in severe pain. I have a metatarsal issue though :(

I think low heels look corny, except for some vintagy 50's inspired kind that are pulled off with select outfits, so I'm in flats mostly. I'm going to a wedding on Friday and am wearing heels. I hope I don't die.
  • amoreamore
    amoreamore Posts: 21 Member
    Yeah... I hate heels, period. And I'm fairly sure they'll hurt your feet no matter how much you weigh. My only solution to making heels feel better on the rare occasion that I wear them out is to self-medicate with copious amounts of alcohol... but that's probably counterproductive when it comes to your weight loss efforts.
  • _imperfextionisbeauty_
    _imperfextionisbeauty_ Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2014
    Love my shoes! And I'm short so have to do the 3.5-5 inch heels! But, if they hurt, try a wide short heel vs a stiletto or spike heel, or possibly a wedge more support may help and still beautiful ;)<3
  • Alatariel75
    edited November 2014
    Last time I wore heels (and I'm talking 5" spikes) for a long period was my wedding day. Service, then 4 hour photo shoot after (no reception, it was just me, the fella and Vegas). My favourite non-professional photo of the day is one the hubster took in our hotel room a few minutes after we got back, of me standing in the bath, ankle deep in ice water, wedding dress hiked around my knees and chugging a beer.
  • Last time I wore heels (and I'm talking 5" spikes) for a long period was my wedding day. Service, then 4 hour photo shoot after (no reception, it was just me, the fella and Vegas). My favourite non-professional photo of the day is one the hubster took in our hotel room a few minutes after we got back, of me standing in the bath, ankle deep in ice water, wedding dress hiked around my knees and chugging a beer.

Ouch! But fantastic pic I'm sure! Love it!
  • arditarose
    Last time I wore heels (and I'm talking 5" spikes) for a long period was my wedding day. Service, then 4 hour photo shoot after (no reception, it was just me, the fella and Vegas). My favourite non-professional photo of the day is one the hubster took in our hotel room a few minutes after we got back, of me standing in the bath, ankle deep in ice water, wedding dress hiked around my knees and chugging a beer.

How did you do it???

When I get married I'm wearing some kind of designer sparkly ballet flat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Ouch.... I wear sneakers :P
  • Alatariel75
    arditarose wrote: »

How did you do it???

Sheer bloody minded determination. I wasn't even drinking!! I did take some Iboprofen before hand to try and hold off some of the pain.

I also did the whole photoshoot with my knee bleeding after tripping in said heels and scraping it to all getout. I had to pretend it was fine so that our amazing photographer didn't stop the shoot to run me to a pharmacy! So lucky to not tear my dress!!!
  • arditarose

How did you do it???

Sheer bloody minded determination. I wasn't even drinking!! I did take some Iboprofen before hand to try and hold off some of the pain.

I also did the whole photoshoot with my knee bleeding after tripping in said heels and scraping it to all getout. I had to pretend it was fine so that our amazing photographer didn't stop the shoot to run me to a pharmacy! So lucky to not tear my dress!!!

You're making me want to wear my chucks to my wedding now.
  • Alatariel75

How did you do it???

You're making me want to wear my chucks to my wedding now.

I still say it was worth it when I look at the pictures :smiley:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    I only wear heels places I know I'll be sitting 90% of the time. This hasn't changed with my weight; they're uncomfortable, so I don't care for them.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    I like heels because, at 5'1", they make me feel taller. I do, however, keep most of them in a drawer at my office, and wear the sensible flat ones during my commute or on weekends.

Some chunky or wedge heels are quite comfortable for walking, especially on boots. I love my high heeled winter boots.

I don't think that my weight has made a material difference in terms of high heeled comfort. For me, it's mostly that my feet and heels are extremely narrow, so I have a hard time getting my feet to stay in pumps and other open shoes when I walk. Ankle boots or straps are better on me, though they don't look as elegant.