Insanity - start date: 20th October 2014

Options
2»

Replies

• pascaljoly
    pascaljoly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    another session done; I felt better than yesterday, thank God!

I burned around 600cals in an hour (2 sessions in a row remember).

I do struggle with the abs as they hurt my lower back so I have to take breaks but overall, that's fine. I intend on doing other core exercises at the gym a couple of times a week on top of that anyway and that will also really help bring out these abs.

Looking forward to the recovery day :-)
  • pascaljoly
    Options
    By the way, the above was Insanity Day 18 - Pure cardio & cardio abs
  • pascaljoly
    Options
    Arghhh, no, it was day 17!!! Man I wish I had a brain sometimes
  • pascaljoly
    Options
    Insanity day 18- cardio recovery
    - Boy did I enjoy that...
    - I started with doing 3kms on the rowing machine to warm up at moderate pace
    - I followed the session with weights, and 6 sets of the following sequence: pull-ups (alternating pull-up for one set and chin-up the following set) / dips / push ups; the numbers went down through the sets but that's ok, I will get better; by the way, I recommend these sets, they really work your upper body. but be prepared, they're hard. I found this sequence looking up calisthenics for beginners on youtube.
  • pascaljoly
    Options
    Insanity day 19 - Cardio power and resistance done! I felt good today although I am plateauing on the push ups which is starting to annoy me. but it doesn't mean I am going to give up, no way! I did burn more cals than normal for this program so i do think I have been pushing a bit more as I was consciously trying to focus on that. plyo tomorrow and I will welcome the rest day for sure! but I have to do tomorrow's session first plus a calisthenics workout in the end and of course a warm up on the rowing machine. I'm tired just thinking about it but also...excited! does this make me officially insane, it's a matter of opinion I guess ;-) have a great day everyone