Feeling let down!

I have had a really good week until today and I really let myself down by eating over my budget, worst thing was I knew I was doing it but I didn't stop! I ate really badly at the last meal! Needing some moral support, what are everyone's tricks and tips about avoiding this? It's worse as I am cooking for children not just myself (also not my children so I don't choose the meals to cook)

Anyone able to help! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    I have 3 children I do not eat what they do always I make healthier versions or an alternative. My biggest piece of advice is plan, if you plan and make things ahead you wont go for the higher calorie convenience or pick ( my fiancé is a chef I pick at everything a bit of this and that but it adds up). On a day I know the children are busy I will sit and pen my weekly meals and work out what fits where its difficult when you start but like logging and weighing food etc it does become habit. healthy snacks to hand are my saviour
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Log it (you have done) and move on. Guilt or beating yourself up about it is counter productive and a complete waste of time.

Figure out why you went over, bored or hungry? Is your deficit too severe? Do better next time, it was only some garlic bread. 400 calories is not a lot. Walk an extra ten minutes a day for a week if it bothers you that much. You are doing fine.

Always keep your plan under review and improve it to fit you especially heading off weak points and making them stronger. Good planning/pre planning helps spread the calories across the day. Exercise gives you more calories to eat.
  • ashleyvrewss
    ashleyvrewss Posts: 18 Member
    I have 3 children I do not eat what they do always I make healthier versions or an alternative. My biggest piece of advice is plan, if you plan and make things ahead you wont go for the higher calorie convenience or pick ( my fiancé is a chef I pick at everything a bit of this and that but it adds up). On a day I know the children are busy I will sit and pen my weekly meals and work out what fits where its difficult when you start but like logging and weighing food etc it does become habit. healthy snacks to hand are my saviour

Yeah I think that was the downfall was trying to eat similar to them for the convenience of it. You're right with a bit of planning I could have avoided it and eaten a healthy alternative! Thanks for the advice, picking is my worst habit!
  • ashleyvrewss
    ashleyvrewss Posts: 18 Member
    999tigger wrote: »
    Log it (you have done) and move on. Guilt or beating yourself up about it is counter productive and a complete waste of time.

Figure out why you went over, bored or hungry? Is your deficit too severe? Do better next time, it was only some garlic bread. 400 calories is not a lot. Walk an extra ten minutes a day for a week if it bothers you that much. You are doing fine.

Always keep your plan under review and improve it to fit you especially heading off weak points and making them stronger. Good planning/pre planning helps spread the calories across the day. Exercise gives you more calories to eat.

It's logged! You're right beating myself up has made me feel much worse:(
    I think I was just bored and it was right in front of me! I always find if I start the day eating wrong I spend the whole day doing it so I think with a bit of planning and willpower I can do it next time! Thank you :)
  • kirstyk05
    kirstyk05 Posts: 78 Member
    Don't be to hard on yourself! We all have days were we may go over but were only human :smiley:

Your doing amazing keep up the good work xx
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    In that case its easily fixed this whole thing is a journey you learn as you go trust me ive made every snacking picking and over eating mistake there is ive even tried exercising off a bad diet long term this doesn't work. Planning is definitely the best tool I learnt and I agree with 999tigger do not beat yourself up that just makes for a unhealthy cycle.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Life happens- log it and move on.